[ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 am
howartp offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

(RFWC5 = 'the switch' in this post)

Matt, am I right in thinking that (for basic usability of the switch) we just send five SCENE_CONTROLLER_CONF_SET commands, to set buttons 1-5 (aka Group IDs 1-5) to execute scene IDs 1-5?

This will mean when a button is pressed on the switch, it will send out the associated SCENE_ACTIVATION_SET command which we will receive - then we process it just like we would a Basic or Central scene incoming command?

We don't need to play about with actuating scenes in other devices, or with varying scene IDs or dim durations - we just set scenes 1-x on an x-button controller then let users configure action groups etc that respond to scene ID's received, just like Basic/Central does now? In a "proper" implementation, we'd ensure more than one switch had different scene IDs (unless the user wanted two switches to send the same scenes) but we don't need to worry about that - if we receive scene_1 from node_25 then we trigger on that differently to if we receive scene_1 from node_47.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, I believe all that is correct. So first test would be to send the raw commands to configure the scenes then capture the debug logging of the buttons being pressed to see if it the scene activation is occurring or not. It really may not be all that hard (if we are just trying to get the scenes command to send so we can capture them), I just haven't gotten to trying it out yet.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:48 am
howartp offline

I could have sworn I had something else to be doing tonight...

Oh well, it can wait whatever it was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:49 am
howartp offline

Tomswell, I'll drop you a PM shortly.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:08 pm
howartp offline

Beta version with Resnick at the moment. :o

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:58 pm
howartp offline

Amazingly the first shot at beta code is working a treat; it was only supposed to be intelligence-gathering but it's pretty much doing what it's supposed to!

Should have reasonable version out tomorrow night. (ie 24 hours from now)

Peter

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 am
tomswell offline

I haven't been to this site in a while.
"Should have reasonable version out tomorrow night. (ie 24 hours from now) "

Oh my gosh ... Are you saying I don't have to give up on Indigo addressing RFWC5 ?

I'm not thrilled but the Cooper controller. and others.
not sure what "drop you a "PM" means.

Posted on
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 am
howartp offline

Hi Tom.

I can't remember exactly where I am with this; I had to put my plugins on hold after Christmas for 2 months of madness.

I'll be coming back to the ZWave Scene Controller plugin in the next week or so.

But to answer your question, you shouldn't have to give up on Indigo talking to RFWC5.

Follow my threads in ZWave Scene Controller

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... re_type=sf and read down the first one there; I'll restructure that subforum later to match my others, but it implies I did get basic RFWC5 support in the beta; nobody has responded to test it though from memory.

"Drop you a PM" meant I'll send you a private message on this forum - of you're on a browser, you should have an alert saying "1 new message received".

Peter

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 am
howartp offline

viewforum.php?f=207

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 pm
tomswell offline

good news; a plugin helps
look up plugin named zwavescenecontroller.indigoplugin and install. It's unclear to me exactly how I got it installed ... I guess I dragged the expanded zip file icon over the Indigo Icon ... as I couldn't figure out what else to do. Once installed it doesn't show up under the Plugins menu.
good news almost.... RFWC5 is now recognizable and I just have to figure out how to manage associations of what shows up as Group 1 , Group 2 .... Group 5 . That dialog is under menu path Interfaces/Z-Wave/Manage Associations. I feel I'm so close but not sure if that dialog will work. perhaps menu : Interfaces/Z-Wave/Modify Configuration Parameters .. is what's needed. I you figure it out please post a solution. The plug in also opened the door to utilizing BOTH relays in a ZWN-RSM2..

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

ZWave Scene Controller is a 3rd party plugin and is installed like all 3rd party plugins.

The Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameters... menu item is part of the built-in Z-Wave interface and allows users to manually configure a Z-Wave device's parameters that we don't have a UI implemented for. It has nothing to do with the ZWave Scene Controller plugin or it's capabilities.

The posts immediately preceding yours also refers to the plugin because they're by it's author.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm
howartp offline

Sorry Tom, didn't realise you'd posted same thing here as in PM.

See my reply in conjunction with Jay's response.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm
tomswell offline

Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

just discovered. I sure hope to figure this one out and set parameters >
Published by Cooper;
Scene Transfer Protocol for the RFWDC Wall Mount Scene Controller
The following protocol is used when transferring scenes from a PC based Z-Wave controller. It allows the use of devices that are scene capable as well as non-scene capable devices.
Association Remove All (for a new scene)
Association_Remove, Grouping Identifier (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for Button 1 - 5), empty node ID list
For non scene capable devices:
Association Command Class, Association Set (with group ID and node IDs)
Association_Set, Grouping Identifier (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for Button 1 - 5), Node ID list (for all nodes that have the SAME level value in the scene. The levels can be 0x00, 0x01 - 0x63, or 0xFF)
Configuration Command Class, Configuration Set (the value is applied to the list of node IDs in the previous association set)
Configuration_Set, Parameter Number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for Button 1 - 5), Configuration Value 1 (this value, 0x00, 0x01 - 0x63, or 0xFF, is the level value for all the nodes listed in the previous Association_Set command)
Repeat sending association/configuration sets as required for nodes of different level values. The first Association_Set command is for all devices with some given level. The second Association_Set command is for all devices with another level. The third Association_Set command is for all devices with yet another level. And so on. There will be as many Association/Configuration pairs as there are different levels in the scene.
The above is followed by this for scene capable devices:
Scene Controller Configuration Command Class Set (with Group ID and Scene ID)
Scene_Controller_Conf_Set, Group ID (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for Button 1 - 5), Scene ID, Dimming Duration
Association Set
Association_Set, Grouping Identifier (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for Button 1 - 5), Node ID list for all scene-capable nodes in the scene.
Slave Device Panic Mode Access
To set a device into Panic Mode (On-Off flashing at time intervals determined in the device configuration), send a Command_Class_Alarm, ALARM_REPORT command to the device with an Alarm Type of 1 and a value of 255. To turn off panic mode, send the same command as above with an Alarm Type of 1 and a value of 0.

Posted on
Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm
fishmg01 offline

So the protocol info you posted is over my head - but I'm wondering if you and howartp and Matt have actually come up with a solution so I can use my RFWC5 keypads? I actually bought a Cooper RFHDCSG Z wave controller way back, thinking, naively, that I could program the devices and then somehow just transfer over the information into Indigo somehow. Anyway - any encouraging news?

Posted on
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:50 pm
howartp offline

Hopefully yes - see my plugin in the post above.