Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:09 pm
artpics offline

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100-A

I have 2 waiting to be installed :(

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:51 am
elleff offline

+1 from me too, I'm going to have a house full of these soon!

To be accurate I'll have a house full of the AU/NZ version http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14818

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm
Idurz offline

Hi Matt , Jay,
it's 4 months after your last update on this and the number of people who can barely live without the new multisensor is growing by the day. (Assuming :D ). But serious, I have 2 eating dust and would love to get them going outside before winter kicks in. Any update from your side perhaps which could shine a light on this?

Highly appreciated

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We aren't providing time estimates for features, but we are hard at work on adding support for new modules.

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:24 am
wolterink offline

Hello Matt,

Just to let you now as well. Every day after work I come home and when I open the front door my multisensor get so excited. He starts to send all these random signals through the air saying he is so happy to see me again. But all his excitement disappears in the thin air as no one can understand him. He has so many things to tell me but it makes me sad I can't see what he is saying to me. I know he wants to, but the only sign of life is this small green light that comes on. Please help us.

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Awe, that almost makes me feel sad. :lol:

Never fear, at some point in the future that MultiSensor will be able to communicate with you in an understandable fashion.

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:02 pm
Bollar offline

I make a point of never buying something that Indigo doesn't already support, since I never know how long it will take for support to be added.

Unfortunately, I bought four of the version 5 sensors and the helpful vendor substituted the unsupported version 6 and said he wouldn't have any more version 5 modules.

So, please add me to the ever growing list of people who would like support for this module -- or let me know if you don't intend to support this module soon, so I can try to return these and find someone who still carries old stock.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:13 am
howartp offline

Only just seen wolterink's post - that's a great post! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:29 am
mwoodage offline

Can i add my name to list list of people waiting for this to be added to Indigo - hopefully not to long now.
I see the first post about this was back in June - 5 months ago!

Cheers
Martin

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:00 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I bought my Multisensor 6 back in July. I too await support. I wonder if there is any way that something new like this could be supported via a plugin? This may be a naive thought, but I don't see how the company can keep up with the increasing flood of devices on their own. Is there someone to leverage the community to create support for new devices?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:24 am
howartp offline

I asked about the concept of user-created device support a few months ago, but it's not currently possible - the API doesn't give us access to bits we'd need access to at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 pm
JustJack offline

Just wanted to add my name to the people waiting on support of this device. If there is anything that I can do to help with the development for this device, I will help design, code ,test, etc.

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:45 am
johnpolasek offline

Would it be easier to extend the Vera plugin? I originally got a Z-stick that I use to control several Z-wave vents to help equalize the temperatures in various rooms in the house based on the RFX inputs from a number of OSI temperature sensors. When I decided to get a Z-wave lock, I found that the only option to use it with Indigo was to also get a Vera-Lite... which works very well both directly through the Vera App as well as through Indigo... When I saw the 6 in 1 sensor, I bought one hoping to use it for occupancy AND temperature controls, but soon found out that if I attach it to the Z-stick, Indigo knows it's a device but doesn't have a clue what's in it, and if I attach it to the Vera, I get all the info in the Vera App, but have no way to pass any of it to Indigo. So does anybody have any suggestions as to how to juggle the systems? I'm almost to the point of adding a powerlink to the Vera and trying to relay the temperature through a dimmer module linked to both the Vera modem as well as the Indigo server....

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:46 am
Bollar offline

johnpolasek wrote:
Would it be easier to extend the Vera plugin?

It definitely wouldn't be easier. ZWave support is one of the key selling features of Indigo 6 and adding another full-blown HA system to get new device support seems like the wrong path. Matt and Jay have said for some time now that supporting all Aeon Labs devices is a high priority of theirs. I hope that means we'll see it sooner (like later this afternoon :D ), rather than later (like when Indigo 7 comes out).

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts