Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100-A

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:57 pm
daekkyn offline

Re: Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 ZW100-A

Hi all,

I figured out why I did see the sensor values in my log. The update frequency was set to 1 hour (default) and I was expecting it much more often. To change this parameter, you can use the menu "Modify configuration parameter" in "Interfaces->Z-wave", then select your device in the list, set the param index to 111, set the param size to 4 and the param value to the refresh interval that you want, in seconds (e.g. 900 for 15min).

I also improved the script of mikebnz to be more robust and to include calibration values:
Code: Select all
# Scan log for MultiSenor6 ZWave Updates
# Load into variables

# Uses regular expressions
import re

# ****** UPDATE THIS PART ******
# Custom variables (create those 3 variable in "Window->Variable List and copy their IDs here)
humid = indigo.variables[350419275]
lux = indigo.variables[1871125472]
temp = indigo.variables[400330053]

# Custom device name
deviceName = "Multisensor"

#Optional:
# Custom calibration (difference between real value and measured value)
calibHumid = 0.0
calibLux = 0.0
calibTemp = 0.0
# *******************************

# Number of log entires to go back through and scan
lines = 500

# Get the last xxx log entires
logEntries = indigo.server.getEventLogList(lineCount=lines)

# Split by newline so we can process the array from newest message to oldest
log=logEntries.splitlines()

# This is the common text that comes back for the mulitsensor 6
searchLine = 'received "'+deviceName+'" sensor update to '
numberRegex = "[-+]?\d*\.\d+|\d+"

# Go backwards through log, newest to oldest
for logevent in reversed(log):
   match = re.search(searchLine + ".*?(" + numberRegex + ")%", logevent)
   if match:
      sensorValue = float(match.group(1)) + calibHumid
      indigo.server.log("  MS6: Humidity sensor value: ["+str(sensorValue)+"%]")
      indigo.variable.updateValue(humid, value=str(sensorValue))
      # Stop looking, we have the newest update, we dont want older ones
      break

match = re.search(searchLine + ".*?(" + numberRegex + ") lux", logevent)
   if match:
      sensorValue = float(match.group(1)) + calibLux
      indigo.server.log("  MS6: Lux sensor value: ["+str(sensorValue)+" lux]")
      indigo.variable.updateValue(lux, value=str(sensorValue))
      break

#For Farenheits, I'm not sure about the syntax
   match = re.search(searchLine + ".*?(" + numberRegex + ")( .C| .F)", logevent)
   if match:
      sensorValue = float(match.group(1)) + calibTemp
      indigo.server.log("  MS6: Temp sensor value: ["+str(sensorValue) + match.group(2)+"]")
      indigo.variable.updateValue(temp, value=str(sensorValue))
      break

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:28 pm
mikebnz offline

Great work! I'm pleased the script was of use and I'm loving the updated versions.

I was thinking about a plugin as well, could make it fairly generic for any device and make it create variables automatically so managing multiple sensors would be better.

Cheers
Mike

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 am
howartp offline

It wouldn't need to create variables - it could create new devices(s) with the appropriate sensor types, pretty much mirroring what the proper sensor should be.

Then if you're using the device on control pages or triggers etc, the plugin device shows up in the device list where you'd prefer it, instead of the variable list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 am
daekkyn offline

I was looking for a more elegant and robust way to retrieve sensor values, but unfortunately as there is currently no way to place a listener (hook) on the z-wave messages, so I think it's not possible.
I found out how to ask the multisensor for a report of a specific sensor, but it still writes it only in the log. Here is the code to do that:
Code: Select all
deviceName = "Multisensor"
sensorTypeTemp = 0x01 #Temp
sensorTypeLux = 0x03 #Lux
sensorTypeHumid = 0x05 #Humid
sensorTypeUV = 0x1B #UV

payload = [0x31, 0x04, sensorTypeTemp]
zwavePlugin = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.zwave")
zwavePlugin.executeAction("sendRawZwaveCommand", deviceId=indigo.devices[deviceName].id, props={'payload':payload})

I found some of the info on the following links:
Command class IDs: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Command_Classes
Sensor indices: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Z-Wave-Binding
Message structure: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/ZWave_API#Multilevel_Sensor

When asking for a temperature report, my multisensor sometimes randomly switches the units to Fahrenheit, I have to unplug it to get it back, very weird...

To calibrate the humidity sensor (which was 20% off in my case) you can use the salt test method: http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2014/06/how-to-calibrate-a-hygrometer-humidity-sensor-using-the-salt-test/

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:43 am
peteinau offline

Hi All,

I have the ZW100-B in Australia which Indigo seems to see as a Multilevel Señor, but when I add it there isn't anything at all displayed. Any ideas on how I will get it to work?

Z-Wave Syncing - started for "006 - Multilevel Sensor (routing)"
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 2
Z-Wave Syncing - assigning return route to "006 - Multilevel Sensor (routing)"
Z-Wave Syncing - assigned return route
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Aeon Labs - 0086, Unknown - 02020064
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.05, app version 1.06
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Multilevel Sensor : Multilevel Sensor (routing) (04 : 21 : 01, base 31)
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 31v5 72v1 73v1 71v1 59v1 7Av1 5Ev1
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 60 minutes
Z-Wave Syncing - device "006 - Multilevel Sensor (routing)" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [1]
Z-Wave Syncing - group 1 association to interface already exists (skipping)
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
Z-Wave Syncing - created device "006 - Unknown"
Z-Wave Syncing - complete

Thanks in advance!
Pete

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 am
Bollar offline

peteinau wrote:
I have the ZW100-B in Australia which Indigo seems to see as a Multilevel Señor, but when I add it there isn't anything at all displayed. Any ideas on how I will get it to work?

This device is not supported by Indigo. Full details here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14096

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:25 pm
Scotfree offline

Why Don't You Support My [Aeon Multisensor 6]

20% off these devices on Vesternet this Monday. It's been over a year. I need 6 of them. Should I order them and wait for [Insert your guess here], or a new HA system ?

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:30 pm
howartp offline

Get 'em ordered - I was gutted when I missed the Aeon zstick last week.

We know support for them has been promised - at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 pm
Londonmark offline

Going through the same thought process...

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 pm
Londonmark offline

...and decided to pick up three. Hope they'll be supported soon!

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 am
lindauer offline

I have been waiting as well.

Posted on
Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:51 pm
nanobots offline

I've been waiting for this sensor to work for quite a while as well, and I just want to say my the Indigo's team interaction on this thread/deviceis the most disappointing experience I've had with Indigo since I started using it several years ago. I'm sure you guys are very hard at work on v7, but your policy to purposefully keep information from your customers is leading to a really bad experience for many of us.

I think we all understand that changes, including integrating new devices, takes time, can lead to engineering difficulties, and that issues can pop-up that cause unexpected delays. But I don't find it acceptable that you've said for over a year now that this device is a high priority and yet have failed to deliver anything when so many of us are clearly waiting for this device to work. The least you could have done it told us that this wasn't a high priority for you and that support wouldn't be coming any time soon.

I was able to get these devices working with my Vera that I'd had in a drawer since I replaced most of my ZWave devices with Insteon and am now using the Vera to send updates to Indigo. Pretty sad that I was able to set that all up in a day--and that other customers are coming up with custom scripts to parse your log entries--before you guys have provided anything--including a single bit of helpful information--to your paying customers.

Hopefully you'll come to your senses soon and see your customers as partners that you want to share and collaborate with instead of enemies that you need to have policies in place to keep information from at all costs.

Posted on
Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

As we have now spiraled down into false generalizations I'm going to lock this thread.

We hear loud and clear that our customers want support for the Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 (as well as dozens of other modules).

Right now we are working on a major new version of Indigo. As per company policy we cannot discuss release dates or specific features for new versions. We understand some may disagree with this policy, but for strategic and logistical reasons we will not be changing it.

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I wanted to briefly follow-up on this thread. Indigo 7.0 is now available (and has been for a while) and it includes supports for dozens of new Z-Wave devices (including the Gen 5 Aeotec modules).