[ANSWERED]: How to enable Indigo Communication

Posted on
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm
cjp767 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: How to enable Indigo Communication

... and where is the Indigo Database file for Indigo 7.2?
I've been getting many devices grayed out after a computer restart-- then i have to manually "enable indigo communication" on each one individually. Is there an easier way that I don't know about?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.13.05.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.13.05.png (153.52 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can find where you database is located by holding down the CMD key and clicking on the database name/title at the top of the main window (you can easily select its parent folder to have it shown in the Finder).

If sounds like you are running into the problem where the Z-Stick sends bad/corrupt information to Indigo, causing Indigo to disable the communication for those devices. There are a few threads about it, but here is one with a script to re-enable all the devices. The next release of Indigo is going to try to workaround the problem better, and hopefully avoid disabling communication with devices.

Posted on
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 pm
cjp767 offline

Thank you ! All is well now. That day was really bad—. I had to re-sync many devices, just re-enabling them didn’t always work. And a few weren’t in the Z-stick anymore and I had to add them again.

I’m not sure what caused the hiccups, but a couple restarts later and everything has been stable for the last several days. Thank you, as always for your support