[ANSWERED] Zone Controllers like Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z

Posted on
Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:51 pm
scottgjohnston offline

[ANSWERED] Zone Controllers like Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z

Hi,
I see mentions of Scene Controllers but nothing specific about Zone Controller support. I'm asking because I'm migrating away from my Vera Lite which allowed me to trigger Vera scenes using a Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z (which is different from the VCRS4 _scene_ controller).
Is there some part of Indigo that I've missed which would allow my VRCZ4 zone controller to trigger Indigo Action Groups. I've already discovered the device associations panel but that doesn't help me trigger an Action Group.
Thanks
Scott

Posted on
Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Zone Controllers like Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z

We don't currently support it, but it is on our request list.

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm
Juggler offline

Re: [ANSWERED] Zone Controllers like Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z

+1 to add this to Indigo! I have just migrated from a Vera Lite (it died on me), where I was able to control the individual colours (green, amber, red) of each LED and used them as status indicators.

Posted on
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:23 pm
manoncloud9 offline

+1 to support this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:15 pm
CaliChris offline

Are there any multi-scene controllers which Indigo supports? I finally got fed up enough with Smarthome to convert to all ZWave however I assumed there would be better device support from Indigo. Seems like it is pretty hit or miss if a ZWave device is going to work or not. Are there any multi-button scene controllers known to work fine with Indigo?

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

These controllers are really handy to put in "3 way auxiliary switch" locations, but the fact that several years later we still can't use them.. sucks. I just wasted $50 on one to realize there's no support what so ever for the virtual switches it provides. Disappointed.

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you tried Peter's Scene Controller plugin? I'm not sure if it will work or not, but definitely give it a try. I think you want to follow the steps he mentions on this post to set it up.

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 am
howartp offline

Definitely give my plugin a go and report back within my subforum.

I’m busy with two theatre shows at moment so replies won’t be fast and furious till the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm finding myself resorting more-and-more to "find the raw packet" and "create a trigger for it." It sounds like the plugin is doing something very similar based on the description. At this point, I've just added associations to my zone controller; using it with other Z-wave devices is sufficient for now. If I find I need to run an action groups from the device I'll fire up Peter's plugin.

Matt, this brings up another question I have for you. Do you want us to submit device definitions to Indigo? When I click that button I get an empty web form even though I see a bunch of device info in the HTTP GET parameters. I have a dozen devices I'd love you to add definitions for (so they work better and have all their features unlocked). Is there a less cumbersome way to send that data? Is it even really useful for you? Maybe I can put it all into an email? Thanks again!

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, we hide all those details on the form but they do get reported. If the device comes up as unknown then yes, report it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 am
brettlid offline

I've posted a plugin that works specifically for the Levtion VRCZ4. It configures all the scenes and buttons for you and defines events to use with triggers.

Zone-Scene Handler Plugin

Page 1 of 1