HomeSeer HS-FS100+ multi sensor

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:09 pm
anyone offline

Re: HomeSeer HS-FS100+ multi sensor

My apologizes in advance, for asking to be spoon feed but what raw command would I issue if the documentation referenced in my April 2022 post is accurate?

It suggests there is parameter that defaults to 0, that can be used to set a detection delay, to avoid continuous notifications when the light sensor is detecting a flashing LED

According to the documentation, the parameter is 5 and is 1 Byte
The delay can be between 0-20 seconds, with 0 being the default and is also 1 Byte.

What would I send to change it to 20 second, then what I would I send to change it back to 0, if it doesn't work?

FYI: The light sensor connected to my Samsung Washer (which does not blink) has been rock solid for the past seven (7) months. I have a trigger configured to detect when the status light becomes Off, which then makes an announcement on Echo's in specific rooms.

In an attempt to use a second sensor on a brand new Electrolux dryer which is super quiet (in comparison to the 11 year old dryer it replaced), the Start/Stop indicator blinks, so I'm curious if this hardware delay will help simplify detecting when the LED turns "Off".

Code: Select all
Nov 29, 2022 at 1:37:22 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "052 - Light Sensor - Dryer" status update is off
   Trigger                         Electrolux Dryer Light Sensor becomes Off
   Z-Wave                          received "052 - Light Sensor - Dryer" status update is on
   Z-Wave                          received "052 - Light Sensor - Dryer" status update is off
   Z-Wave                          received "052 - Light Sensor - Dryer" status update is on
   Z-Wave                          received "052 - Temperature - Dryer" sensor update to 25.6 °C

If this isn't an option, I am trialing the use of two (2) triggers. An "On" trigger to store the date/time in a variable. Then an "Off" trigger which uses as a condition, if the value stored in the "On" date/time variable is greater than 20 seconds.

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Different Computers offline

I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm still finding these devices to be dodgy and unreliable. To the point I'm considering taking them out of service. Which is a shame, because I love their form factor, they way they're mains powered, and their features. If those features worked!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:29 pm
anyone offline

How are you using your unit, as a Temperature, Tamper, Leak or Light Sensor?

I haven't tried to use these as anything other than a status light sensor which its good at.

My two sensors are installed within 2.5 feet from each other and have different temperature reading, both in celsius only.

My dryers flashing LED is a concern since its creating unnecessary Z-wave traffic. I definitely need to look into this some more.

The manual suggests the device acts as a repeater when powered by USB, if that functions on your end, it may be worth leaving them plugged in.

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:34 pm
Dual offline

If you are trying to change a parameter for a Z Wave device you do it directly within Odyssey from the menu:
Interfaces / Z Wave / Modify Configuration Parameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:03 pm
t-star online

Has anyone tried to use it as a buzzer or notification kind of device? Curious how that works.

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 am
anyone offline

t-star wrote:
Has anyone tried to use it as a buzzer or notification kind of device? Curious how that works.

The manual suggest the feature will only work when USB powered.

Within Indigo directly, unless I a overlooking it, I don't see a way to make the device Buzz.

I'll assume by sending Raw ZWAVE commands to the device and you could make that work.

BTW: as I type this, these devices are $9.75 on HomeSeers website w/o shipping. I still really like these as Indicator Light Sensors.