Homeseer z-wave dimmer slow off fast on

Posted on
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:43 pm
peszko offline

Homeseer z-wave dimmer slow off fast on

I have the hs-wd200+ switches and want to have a fast on but slow off. So for now, what I'm doing is changing the ramp rate parameters directly every time, but... There must be a better way. Also recently, I started to run in to an issue where the light doesn't come on but Indigo thinks its on. If I issue a status request indigo then finds out that that it is off. This wasn't happening before. Also, I have never seen z-wave device state being mis matched with Indigo. I had them not respond, but never be out of sync.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Homeseer z-wave dimmer slow off fast on

Some modules support a duration byte when setting the brightness level, so you can try sending a raw command to see if that works. Something like:

0x26 0x01 LEVEL_BYTE DURATION_BYTE

Where LEVEL_BYTE will be 0 for OFF or 99 for full brightness. I don't recall the specific on the DURATION_BYTE scale, so just try some values to see what happens (I imagine 0 is instant on/off).

Regarding the states getting out-of-sync, have you tried factory resetting it? For most module that would be excluding it from the Z-Wave controller, re-including, and re-syncing in Indigo but some modules have different steps for the factory reset so check the manual to make sure.

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:51 pm
peszko offline

Re: Homeseer z-wave dimmer slow off fast on

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Well, almost. When sending the raw command, indigo doesn't register the status. So I guess, I have to send a status update request after.

Page 1 of 1