Ecolink Device Connection Problems

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:14 pm
nchiles offline

Ecolink Device Connection Problems

I have 3 Ecolink Door/Window Sensor (DW-ZWAVE2), firmware 2.00, and 3 Ecolink Motion Sensor (PIR-ZWAVE2), firmware 2.00 that are randomly failing to trigger automations. When I hit "Send Status Request" they return with "status request failed". But they are also updating :? .

Code: Select all
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:00:36 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "Master Bedroom Motion Sensor" status update is on

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:00:56 PM
   Z-Wave Error                    send "Master Bedroom Motion Sensor" status request failed

Maybe the z-stick is unable to send to the devices, but is able to receive ?I have tried deleting the device, excluding and including, and optimize z-wave network with no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting?

Posted on
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Ecolink Device Connection Problems

It is normal for battery operated modules to fail to respond to status request commands because they will likely be asleep.

Were there any errors when you excluded/included/re-synced?

And what does the Event Log look like around the missed commands? Often times the problem with missed commands is a Mac that has gone to sleep (thus Indigo cannot process anything).

Page 1 of 1