z-wave Dome Siren with siren + 10 chimes?

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:45 pm
whmoorejr offline

z-wave Dome Siren with siren + 10 chimes?

Anyone messed with this yet to see how easy or PITA it is to effectively use this? I think with the multiple types of chimes, it may be neat for discerning between outdoor motion, doors, etc.

$33.40 @ Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Dome-Automation-DMS01-Wireless-Battery-Powered/dp/B01M1NLPKZ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529372434&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=wave+dome+siren

Manual:
https://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/12026-manual.pdf

Video...At 6:13 he tests the different sounds...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eev0gqh3knY

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 am
howartp offline

Re: z-wave Dome Siren with siren + 10 chimes?

That will take seconds to write a plugin for based on the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:55 am
CliveS offline

Yes I have the Neo version (i.e. 100% clone) and it can sometimes take 20 - 30 seconds (or more) before it plays a sound, I was so impressed it now sits in the spares box!
It was much quicker to get a response from the Pushover App

HTB1ZHaacrZnBKNjSZFGq6zt3FXau.jpg
HTB1ZHaacrZnBKNjSZFGq6zt3FXau.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 am
whmoorejr offline

CliveS wrote:
... 20 - 30 seconds (or more) before it plays a sound

So your saying it gives an intruder enough time to make a proper introduction before being interrupted by the siren? Etiquette built right in... how thoughtful.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 pm
mijit offline

I bought this siren and it works perfectly. Sub-second delay from opening a door to hearing a chime. But my devices don't span a great physical length, so there's not much network to traverse.

I did take me a while to figure out how to configure the secondary chime. From the Indigo interface, it's Interfaces -> Z-Wave -> Modify Configuration Parameter and then set Parameter 7 to 2 and Parameter 6 to the chime you want, for example, 3 for the "Big Ben" chimes. I also set Parameter 4 to 2 to use the "middle" volume level.

The "Advance Manual" on this page gives the breakdown of configuration parameters:

https://support.domeha.com/hc/en-us/art ... 01-Manuals

It seems non-trivial to trigger different chimes based on different doors, as you'd need to send raw Z-Wave commands to the device every time to configure the correct chime before sending the Siren On event. Otherwise, you'd hear whatever the last configuration was, which could be jarring (the siren is really, really loud).

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:28 am
lotsofdevs offline

Thanks a ton to @mijit for working this out! I managed to make this work using Action Groups. So far it works perfectly. To set up an action group:

- Select "Action Group from the left list
- New...
- Type: Z-Wave Action->Modify Z-Wave Parameter
- Select the device and set the param index to 6 to the chime you want (1-10).
- Save
- Add New
- Device Actions -> Light/Appliance Controls -> Turn On
- select the device

No need to turn it off. It will stop after one chime (depending on how long the chime lasts).

This assumes that you already sent the parameter 7 to 2 and set the volume via parameter 4. You only have to do that once.

quite a few clicks, but you can then just duplicate and change the parameter once the first one is set up and working

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:17 pm
mijit offline

Hey @lotsofdevs, glad you got it working!

I didn't think to look in the Action Groups for a Modify Z-Wave action. It sounds like you could use that to (for example) set a different chime for each door?

I ended up creating an Action Group to configure all seven parameters available to the Dome Siren, and set the trigger type to "Indigo Server Startup". That ensures proper configuration on each reboot, and gives me something I can edit for testing on the fly with "Execute Actions Now".

Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 1