DigiTemp - 1 Wire Temperature Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 pm
jtm997 offline

Re: DigiTemp - 1 Wire Temperature Plugin

The SQLlite sounds like a possibility. How do I check to see if I have it loaded and get it started logging? Second question, can I set a variable to a value that is in a device using a Trigger or Action Group? For instance, record current temp reading from a DigiTemp device to a variable "ComputerRoomTemp"?

Thanks for the help, this stuff is beginning to make some sense.

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 am
jsrivet offline

I gave my 1-wire network according yesterday it stopped working since the end of serial bridge. I am linkusb And it works very well nothing has changed. thank you Travisc

I wonder if it would be possible to have the temperature in C and F indicate all that are

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

jtm997 wrote:
The SQLlite sounds like a possibility. How do I check to see if I have it loaded and get it started logging?

Check out this IndigoSqlClient config thread.

jtm997 wrote:
Second question, can I set a variable to a value that is in a device using a Trigger or Action Group? For instance, record current temp reading from a DigiTemp device to a variable "ComputerRoomTemp"?

Yes, enable the Action Collection Plugin, then use the Insert Device State into Variable action.

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 pm
lewan offline

I'm not sure about the experience part, and I am not 100% sure exactly what you wanted compiled... But, I decided too punt on the UB bit for now and just downloaded digitemp-3.6.0.tar.gz and built digitemp_DS9097U for PPC ONLY on Tiger (10.4.11).

I'm evidently a knucklehead that needs a little guidance using the plugin for the G4. I downloaded the file from dropbox and saved it into the Indigo 5 disabled plugins folder. I renamed it to DigiTemp.Indigoplugin and restarted indigo. Indigo doesn't see it and I'm fresh out of ideas. Anyone want to provide steering correction for me?

Thanks,
Larry

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm
travisc offline

You only replace the digitemp binary with that file from Dropbox, not the entire plugin. Right-click on the .IndigoPlugin and select "Show Package Contents". Then drill down into the folders and you should see the intel digitemp binary. Replace only that file with the one from Dropbox.

I'd give you an exact file name but I'm not in front of my computer. :)

Let me know if it works and I'll roll it into the main release.

Posted on
Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm
lewan offline

Travis,
Yoo Hoo! Works like a champ.

Thanks for your time and effort to support those of us who don't always get it - I really appreciate it.

Larry

Posted on
Thu May 03, 2012 8:02 pm
MrJeffreyGee offline

berkinet wrote:
travisc wrote:
...Maybe someone else on the forum that has more experience compiling UB's could get it compiled for us.

I'm not sure about the experience part, and I am not 100% sure exactly what you wanted compiled... But, I decided too punt on the UB bit for now and just downloaded digitemp-3.6.0.tar.gz and built digitemp_DS9097U for PPC ONLY on Tiger (10.4.11).

I placed the binary in a zip file on dropbox.

Let me know if this was what you needed, and, if it works.

Sorry for the extremely delayed reply. It works on my PowerPC Mac! Yay! Thank you so much for compiling this berkinet and thank you Travisc for creating the plugin.

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm
finkej offline

Had the day off, and figured I would try moving my one wire network from Redhat/OneWireFileSystem/Thermd (you can see that world at http://thermd.jonfinke.com - at least for a while longer) to Indigo.

I am using DS9490 USB to OneWire adapters. I was able to get digitemp compiled and working. I had some issues with the -i (init rcfile option) but by adding some printf statements - it started working. I am going to guess that something is using un-initialized memory - but that much is working now, so I am not going to look for a better fix.

In all my poking and changing - things are almost working - but... I don't think my version of digitemp is quite in sync with the plugin.
When I run digitemp -i -q, it will write the RC file, but no sensor list is written there. If I run it without the -q, I get the sensor list
Code: Select all
./digitemp -c digitemp.conf   -i
DigiTemp v3.5.0 Copyright 1996-2007 by Brian C. Lane
GNU Public License v2.0 - http://www.digitemp.com
Found DS2490 device #1 at 002/009-04fa-2490-ff-ff
Turning off all DS2409 Couplers
Searching the 1-Wire LAN
10819F6B01080027 : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
26C058B6000000CD : DS2438 Temperature, A/D Battery Monitor
ROM #0 : 10819F6B01080027
ROM #1 : 26C058B6000000CD
write RC file: digitemp.conf
Wrote digitemp.conf

and the resulting digitemp.conf is
more digitemp.conf
TTY USB
READ_TIME 1000
LOG_TYPE 1
LOG_FORMAT "%b %d %H:%M:%S Sensor %s C: %.2C F: %.2F"
CNT_FORMAT "%b %d %H:%M:%S Sensor %s #%n %C"
HUM_FORMAT "%b %d %H:%M:%S Sensor %s C: %.2C F: %.2F H: %h%%"
SENSORS 2
ROM 0 0x10 0x81 0x9F 0x6B 0x01 0x08 0x00 0x27
ROM 1 0x26 0xC0 0x58 0xB6 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xCD

If I run with -q, nothing gets written to stdout - so I am not sure how the plugin expects to get the sensor list.

(BTW - where is current directory when the plugin runs?)

When I run digitemp with -a, I do get one temp reading
jons_imac:Server Plugin jon$ ./digitemp -c digitemp.conf   -a
DigiTemp v3.5.0 Copyright 1996-2007 by Brian C. Lane
GNU Public License v2.0 - http://www.digitemp.com
Found DS2490 device #1 at 002/009-04fa-2490-ff-ff
Jun 22 00:17:41 Sensor 0 C: 31.75 F: 89.15
jons_imac:Server Plugin jon$ ./digitemp -c digitemp.conf   -a -q
Jun 22 00:17:50 Sensor 0 C: 31.75 F: 89.15
jons_imac:Server Plugin jon$

Oh, I am getting the following in the event log:
Jun 22, 2012 12:18:20 AM
DigiTemp Error "Office 2" sensor was not updated at the poll interval.
DigiTemp Error "Office Temp" sensor was not updated at the poll interval.

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 am
finkej offline

The one wire scanning is working now.

I found (and worked around) a subtle bug in digitemp - when doing the -i -q, it would "loose" the devices and not print them to stdout. so the plugin would not know about them.

By making a few changes like
<    if( opts & OPT_VERBOSE ) printf("owfirst=%d\n", result);
2135,2136c2130,2134
<     fprintf(debug_fp, "Turning off all DS2409 Couplers\n");

(and debug_fp is a log file I created on the fly) - I don't understand why this change makes a difference - I am assuming that something in digitemp is not being initialized and by changing the code path slightly, something gets moved or overwritten.

Posted on
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm
travisc offline

I've uploaded a new version. It can be downloaded on page 1 of this thread. It makes the plugin compatible with Indigo 6 and also officially adds PPC support.

If you are upgrading you will have to re-run the sensor scan from the plugin's config. There is no need to edit or re-create any of your temperature devices.

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm
polycron offline

Hopefully this is a quick question....

I just setup my 1-wire today. In looking at the devices screen I am seeing the temperatures from both of my sensors. I set the plug to poll every 15 minutes however I'm seeing the temperature change in the devices screen every 10-60 seconds. Its very random. One of the sensors updated in about 4 minutes but the other one seems to refresh in less than 60 seconds. Both are really random on their refresh rates. Am I misunderstanding the polling option in the plugin config screen?

I'm using the ibutton LinkUSB and ibutton T-Sense sensors with the latest download from post 1. My machine is a mac mini running a G4.

Polycron

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:30 pm
travisc offline

polycron wrote:
Hopefully this is a quick question....

I just setup my 1-wire today. In looking at the devices screen I am seeing the temperatures from both of my sensors. I set the plug to poll every 15 minutes however I'm seeing the temperature change in the devices screen every 10-60 seconds. Its very random. One of the sensors updated in about 4 minutes but the other one seems to refresh in less than 60 seconds. Both are really random on their refresh rates. Am I misunderstanding the polling option in the plugin config screen?

I'm using the ibutton LinkUSB and ibutton T-Sense sensors with the latest download from post 1. My machine is a mac mini running a G4.

Polycron

Hmmm. If you turn on logging in the plugin config do you see the plugin initiating a sensor read at random times? I have my poll rate set to 1 minute and haven't had any probs. I haven't tried 15 minutes.

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm
jd10884 offline

Good day,

How would you build a version of Digitemp for a PPC and a version for Intel?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:51 pm
Fishysan offline

It just should work - the package includes executables for both intel & PPC.. There's no "building" required.

Not running 1.0.1 or PPC, but just glanced in the latest build package from Travis.

Cheers.

jd10884 wrote:
Good day,

How would you build a version of Digitemp for a PPC and a version for Intel?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 am
jd10884 offline

Good Morning

Thanks for your post but let me be more specific; can anyone tell me how to set the resolution to 12 bits/4 decimal points in the digitemp.c file and then build the it for an intel?

Thanks,
Jeff