Plugin error - can't connect to EVL4

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:24 am
lochnesz offline

Plugin error - can't connect to EVL4

Hi,

Apparently my DSC Plugin started to experience issues after I upgraded Indigo to 2022.2 from 2022.1. It may be a coincidence - or not.

This is what happens. I can still use the EVL4 through web, app or cloud service, but not from Indigo anymore. Sometimes it can work for a short time. Any ideas?

Started plugin "DSC Alarm 2022.0.6"
DSC Alarm
==================== Initializing New Plugin Session ======================================================
Plugin name: DSC Alarm
Plugin version: 2022.0.6
Plugin ID: com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm
Plugin Log Level: Info
Indigo version: 2022.2.2
Python version: 3.10.2 (v3.10.2:a58ebcc701, Jan 13 2022, 14:50:16) [Clang 13.0.0 (clang-1300.0.29.30)]
Mac OS Version: 12.6.6
Process ID: 925
===========================================================================================================

DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.168.xxx.xxx:4025
DSC Alarm Communication established
DSC Alarm Error Connection RX Error: read failed: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer
DSC Alarm Error Connection TX Error: write failed: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
Error plugin "DSC Alarm 2022.0.6" (pid 925) unexpectedly stopped -- restarting in 20 seconds

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:03 pm
Monstergerm offline

Re: Plugin error - can't connect to EVL4

Users are reporting this error from time to time, e.g.

https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18664

The Envisalink only supports one open connection. This error happens when more than one connection is open. Most likely something went wrong during the upgrade and the Envisalink kept the previous connection open. Make sure that the previous version of Indigo Server is not somehow still running in the background. You could also restart the Envisalink from its internal website and restart the computer running Indigo Server.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:05 am
lochnesz offline

Re: Plugin error - can't connect to EVL4

I read that the EVL4 only can handle one connection at a time, but since I only have one Indigo server I didn't think that that would be any issue in my case. Maybe the upgrade went wrong somehow, I am not sure how to make sure that the old instance isn't running. I did restart the EVL4 a few times but that didn't help, now I ran the Indigo installation again and for it looks fine now right after, but it worked for short periods of time before too. I guess I just have to wait and see.

It would be good to know how I can verify that there isn't any process running from the old Indigo version though (or duplicate instances of the plug-in, is that possible?).

Thanks!
Peter

Page 1 of 1