Swap Envisalink 3 --> 4Max process.

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2023 5:37 am
whmoorejr offline

Swap Envisalink 3 --> 4Max process.

After 10+ years, my Envisalink 3 is starting to act a little buggy. After some troubleshooting with the EyezOn folks, they decided to ship me out a new Model 4.

Has anyone swapped these before? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? I'm guessing that all the zone info and such will be the same and when I set up the new one. if I assign it the same IP address with the same password, the plugin won't even notice the difference... seamless transition?

Or am I being too optimistic?

Am I about to loose all the previously created plugin devices (along with the dozens of related triggers, timers, actions, etc.) and have to rebuild?

Just looking for some validation to make sure I'm not missing anything before I physically swap out the old one.
Last edited by whmoorejr on Fri May 19, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2023 11:43 am
jltnol offline

Re: Swap Envisalink 3 --> 4 issues.

So I can't tell you exactly what will happen, as I've always had a 4, but I just plugged it in and it just worked with my alarm panel.
Good Luck!

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2023 1:09 pm
Monstergerm offline

I have never done a swap but I do not anticipate any problems. If you keep the IP address the same it should by plug-and-play. The new device will of course have a different MAC address, which should not matter for the plugin. Make sure you get the latest firmware updates and you may have to review your settings on eyezon.com

Posted on
Fri May 19, 2023 6:02 am
whmoorejr offline

Ran into two problems. But here is the solution....

1) My EVL-4 is a 4 "MAX". So the default login is user:Last_6_MAC_ADDRESS

Once I put that in.... Presto! the Indigo Gods smiled down on me and said "Login Successful"

2) From the EyezOn account, you....
    Go to "Contacts" and assign all your alert contacts to the new "System" (Device).
    Go to "Zone Labels" --> "Actions" --> "Copy Zone Labels" to copy all the zone info from the old "System"(Device) to the new one.
    Submit a help email within your Eyezon account "Support" --> "Request Support" to switch over Monitoring and delete old "System"(Device).
(If you don't subscribe to monitoring, you can skip that last step). For me, the Insurance discount was greater than the cost of monitoring, so I'm essentially getting paid to use Eyezon monitoring.

A couple side notes from my experience:
    From trolling their forum looking for device swap guides, it looks like these envisalink devices are lasting 10+ years!
    The EyezOn folks have been super quick dealing with me and helping me troubleshoot my old EVL3.
    Even with a 10 year old device, All I paid was shipping on the new EVL4 "MAX" once we determined the EVL3 was dying.
    Canada postal delivers to the US.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Page 1 of 1