Feature Request

Posted on
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:37 pm
jltnol offline

Feature Request

So I've been trying to figure out the best way for Indigo to detect a power outage at home. All of my computer and networking gear are on UPS's so they continue to run during an outage, and I also have a home generator that automatically kicks on in about 20 seconds. But once power is restored to the house, a lot of lights turn on automatically once they get power (Hue and LIFX, for starters).

In looking at the log during today's outage, the very FIRST things that show up In the log is this:
DSC Alarm Warning Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 1 'Bradford Drive')

As far as I can tell, at the moment, it is impossible to use a change in DSC LED status as a trigger, which I'd like use as a trigger to start Indigo on managing how the house reacts once the generator kicks in. Obviously this isn't possible with the current plugin, but since that change in LED status does come in and shows up in the log, I'm curious if there is a way to harvest it and make it into a trigger.....

Posted on
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:58 pm
Monstergerm offline

Re: Feature Request

The good news for you is that this is already implemented.

Setup a new Trigger
Type: Device State Changed
Device: Select your DSC Alarm Keypad device
State: Select Trouble LED
Becomes On

Also, there is a plugin called UPS and Battery Monitor. I use this one, combined with a USB cable connection of the UPS to my Mac mini, to setup triggers when the power for Mac mini switches to UPS battery or AC line voltage. Note: there is a newer Python 3 compatible version on Github.

Posted on
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:15 pm
jltnol offline

Excellent!

I was looking at the trigger being "DSC Alarm Event", and the trouble LED isn't an option there.

This is perfect!

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:45 am
jltnol offline

And I've tried the UPS plugin, but found it doesn't poll often enough to work. The generator kicks on and powering everything in about 20 seconds, and the plug frequently will not poll while the power is out.

I've also tried using the DSC Alarm Event-Notice AC Power Lost, but for whatever reason, it didn't work as seemingly planned either.

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:15 am
Monstergerm offline

You might want to talk to FlyingDiver about the UPS Battery plugin polling frequency. He wrote the recent update changes for it. I think it is working fine for me for a TrippLite UPS. The plugin polls according to the frequency set in the config window. If this is not often enough it would be easy to add a few more shorter polling frequencies.

The DSC Alarm Event-Notice AC Power Lost will be triggered as soon as the DSC plugin receives the corresponding command from the DSC panel. It is different from the Trouble LED command. I am not sure why the DSC panel would send one but not the other one. But who knows.

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:41 pm
jltnol offline

Yep

Can't tell you why the Lost AC Power notification isn't working...but nevertheless, it isn't. During the last power outage, the Trouble light was absolute the very first thing that showed up in the Indigo Log, and when I trip the circuit breaker for the alarm power, it registers with Indigo almost instantaneously, so I'm going to work on that being the even that sets a short list of cascading actions in motion.

Page 1 of 1