v2022.0.1 zone status broken ?

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 6:16 am
sgtwicki offline

I've upgraded to v2022.0.1 on Indigo 2022.1 and it seems that all my zone statuses are frozen at whatever state they were at the plugin installation time. Disabling/re-enabling the plugin doesn't change anything.
Downgrading to v.2.2.2 fixes the zone status updates. I tried re-updating the plugin again, but the same zone status freezing issue occurs.

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 9:12 am
Monstergerm offline

Re: v2022.0.1 zone status broken ?

That’s a weird one. Is the keypad status correct and changes with arming? Can you send a debug log of the plug-in startup including opening/closing a zone. And are you on Indigo 2022.1.0 or the very latest 2022.1.1?

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 9:28 am
Korey offline

I'm seeing the same thing, last night while putting the house to "sleep" the alarm didn't to arm in stay mode, no errors in the log, just as if it wasn't communicating with the panel, rebooted plugin and panel, no change. downgraded plugin to 2.2.2 and all works again.

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 11:55 am
Monstergerm offline

This must be a weird upgrade bug. Everything is working fine on my install, even with the latest Indigo 2022.1.1.

We need to look at the debug log for any clues. Turn debug on, then open/close a zone, arm/disarm a partition.

Can you also redefine one zone. Just go to zone device setup, open the device setup window, Edit device settings, click Save. Then test this zone again.

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 1:00 pm
howartp offline

I only just upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2022.1 so I was able to check this out for you.

2.2.2 worked ok.
2022.1 was frozen
Went into Plugin Config and set it to Detailed debug.
Zones immediately started responding/updating.

Do you have a polling/timing issue that "resets" when the plugin config is opened/saved?

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 3:29 pm
Monstergerm offline

Thanks howartp,

This was the clue. For whatever reasons this plugin cannot read the configuration settings on very first launch. This has been there since version 1 and there was a note in the code. I changed this to a log Warning in yellow so it is easy to see. The fix is to just open the plugin config settings and then save the window. I will put this in the next release.

If I ever figure out why it cannot read the settings on first launch I will add this fix too.

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 5:34 pm
howartp offline

Monstergerm wrote:
If I ever figure out why it cannot read the settings on first launch I will add this fix too.

That sounds like a challenge - and I accept the challenge.

(Only kidding, but i've spent the last 2 hours trying to identify the bug for you!)

You've (or the original author) added logLevel to the pluginConfig.xml but it doesn't exist in self.pluginPrefs until you edit/save the config, therefore getConfiguration() throws an exception whenever it tries to access valuesDict["logLevel"] on line 845.

Change:

Code: Select all
self.logLevel = int(self.pluginPrefs[u"logLevel"])  #new routine

to

self.logLevel = int(self.pluginPrefs.get(u"logLevel",20))  #new routine

so that if logLevel isn't there, it returns a default value rather than erroring.

You could do the same on line 93, though you've already handled that exception so it's not causing any issues as it is.

Peter

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 6:07 pm
sgtwicki offline

Saving from the "Configure…" window worked! I'm so glad it's an easy fix.
Thanks for troubleshooting the issue.

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 6:52 pm
Monstergerm offline

thanks, howartp came to the rescue.

I was afraid it was something that happened when switching to the new logging system. And indeed logLevel did not exist before. I will add this to the next release.

In the meantime, everyone just open and save the plugin config window.

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2022 11:28 am
Monstergerm offline

A new release 2022.0.2 can be downloaded from Github until it will be posted in the plugin store.

https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/DSC-Alarm/releases/download/2022.0.2/DSC.Alarm.indigoPlugin.zip

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2022 11:42 am
Korey offline

Working well!

Thanks for this!!

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:45 pm
new2me07 offline

Connection RX Error: read failed: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer
DSC Alarm Error Tried to send data but socket seems to have closed. Trying to re-initialize.
DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.x.x.x:xxxxx
DSC Alarm Communication established
DSC Alarm Connected to Envisalink.

Goes into a cycle, then UI devices freeze but if I turn on detailed debugging it seems to work fine. But my triggers don't fire when UI is frozen.

What I've changed:

GFs kid keeps leaving the door out to the hot garage open when the AC is on.... So I created a door timer, using DSC input, after 10 seconds triggers panic alarm, ie Sounder right above the door, then disarms it 3 seconds later,

Panel is not monitored. No I haven't got the little shit yet either. Fail on 2 counts.

Posted on
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:47 am
Monstergerm offline

You are having some kind of communication error with the socket. The plugin succeeds in re-initializing the communication but then you are saying it happens again. Weird. I see those Errno 54 once in a while, maybe 1-2 times a year.

I just tried your scenario (Indigo action for panic alarm and then action to disarm) and I did not get any errors.

When do you get the Errno 54? When you trigger panic alarm or when you disarm? What happens if you disarm from the keypad?
Are you using the latest version of the plugin?
What Envisalink are you using?
Does the Debug log tell you anything?

By the way, isn't it required by code to have a self-closing garage door? Put a spring hinge on and the kids can't leave the door open as easily.

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:36 am
new2me07 offline

When do you get the Errno 54? When you trigger panic alarm or when you disarm? What happens if you disarm from the keypad?
Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Yes
What Envisalink are you using?4
Does the Debug log tell you anything?just socket stuff but I'm going to let it ride for the moment, I've turned off alerts from the EYEZ-ON web portal, which was set to default so I'd get a push notification on both disarm and panic, and the actions are only delayed for a second as the siren is mounted right above the door, any longer could be akin to torture

By the way, isn't it required by code to have a self-closing garage door? Put a spring hinge on and the kids can't leave the door open as easily.
I don't think I've ever seen any type of automatic door closer installed on anything other than a storm door on a residence, and I tend to notice things like that as I do access control integration and service among other things for a living

I'll post again if it comes back but I've ran the actions a few times, ruling out almost everything except some panel craziness with the actions plus the contact closing at the same time.

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:58 am
new2me07 offline

Spoke too soon.

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6100072E
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Zone Number 7 Closed.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 5109100
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDArmed for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDTrouble for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDMemory for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDBypass for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6501CC
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Partition 1 Ready
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state ReadyState for keypad on partition 1 to ready.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   Trigger                         Garage Pester Sounder
   DSC Alarm                       Activating Panic Alarm! (Panic)
   DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 0603C9

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 5000602B
   DSC Alarm Debug                 ACK for cmd 060.
   Schedule                        trigger "Garage Pester Sounder" (delayed action)
   DSC Alarm                       Disarming Alarm. (Partition 1 'Main System')
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6250CD
   DSC Alarm Warning               Panic Key Alarm Detected
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state PanicState for keypad on partition 0 to panic.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 0401123400EF

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 5020232C
   DSC Alarm Warning               IT-100/Envisalink Warning (023): API System Not Armed (sent in response to a disarm command)
   DSC Alarm Error                 Received system error/warning after sending command, aborting.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6541D0
   DSC Alarm Warning               Alarm TRIPPED! (Partition 1 'Main System')
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state state for keypad on partition 1 to tripped.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDMemory for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 <<-- entering triggerEvent: eventAlarmTripped
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6260CE
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Unrecognized command received (Cmd:626 Dat:0 Sum:206)
   DSC Alarm Debug                 ID: speakTextTripped
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 60900736
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Zone Number 7 Open.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 We are using custom state icons
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 51090FF
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDArmed for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDTrouble for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDMemory for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDBypass for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 60900534
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Zone Number 5 Open.
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Zone 'Upstairs Motion' Opened.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6100052C
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Zone Number 5 Closed.

^ that's a 2 second delay

Trigger                         Garage Pester Sounder
   DSC Alarm                       Activating Panic Alarm! (Panic)
   DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 0603C9

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 5000602B
   DSC Alarm Debug                 ACK for cmd 060.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6250CD
   DSC Alarm Warning               Panic Key Alarm Detected
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state PanicState for keypad on partition 0 to panic.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6541D0
   DSC Alarm Warning               Alarm TRIPPED! (Partition 1 'Main System')
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state state for keypad on partition 1 to tripped.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDMemory for keypad on partition 1 to on.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 <<-- entering triggerEvent: eventAlarmTripped
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6260CE
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Unrecognized command received (Cmd:626 Dat:0 Sum:206)
   Hue Lights                      Hue Lights  "Hue Motion 2" received: status update is on
   Trigger                         Living Room Motion Restart Timer
   Schedule                        trigger "Garage Pester Sounder" (delayed action)
   DSC Alarm                       Disarming Alarm. (Partition 1 'Main System')
   DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 0401123400EF

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 50004029
   DSC Alarm Debug                 ACK for cmd 040.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state ReadyState for keypad on partition 1 to ready.
   Hue Lights                      Hue Lights  "Hue Motion 2" received: status update is off
   Trigger                         Living Room Motion Timer
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Zone 'Garage Motion' Opened.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 1 to off.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6511CD
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Partition 1 Not Ready
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state ReadyState for keypad on partition 1 to notready.
   Hue Lights                      Hue Lights  "Hue Motion 2" received: status update is on
   Hue Lights                      Hue Lights  "Hue Motion 2" received: status update is off
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6511CD
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Partition 1 Not Ready
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state ReadyState for keypad on partition 1 to notready.
   Trigger                         Person Detector - Driveway Notification
   Trigger                         Front Approach Person Detection
   Trigger                         Cliptest
   Hue Lights                      Sent Hue Lights  "Lamp Post" start long alert blink.
   Hue Lights                      Sent Hue Lights  "Hue_group_0_3_Kitchen" start short alert blink.
   Hue Lights                      Sent Hue Lights  "Hue_group_0_1_Bedroom" start short alert blink.
   Schedule                        trigger "Front Approach Person Detection" (delayed action)
   Pushover Warning                Warning: file does not exist, or is not an image file, attachment was skipped
   Pushover Debug                  Result: {"status":1,"request":"7917a053-337e-4e49-bf20-a6cff48e3108"}
   Pushover                        Pushover notification was sent successfully, title: Person Detected, body: A person has been detected at the Front Approach of the House
   Schedule                        trigger "Person Detector - Driveway Notification" (delayed action)
   Schedule                        trigger "Person Detector - Driveway Notification" (delayed action)
   Schedule                        trigger "Front Approach Person Detection" (delayed action)
   Pushover Debug                  Result: {"status":1,"request":"5d4442d7-c314-4c6d-a068-fbcc0ce52775"}
   Pushover                        Pushover notification was sent successfully, title: Person detected in the Driveway, body: Alert
   DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 550115607142297
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Received alarm panel time and date 11:56 07-14-22
   DSC Alarm Debug                 No time sync necessary.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to   Date     Time .
   DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to JUL 14/22 11:56a.
   DSC Alarm Debug                 JUL 14/22 11:56a

^with a 5 second delay - NO ERROR IN LOG THIS TIME BUT UI STILL DOES NOT UPDATE