Is 1.5.5 the latest version number?

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:54 pm
colovin offline

Is 1.5.5 the latest version number?

Is this the latest version of the plugin? I've stated having problems I'm getting this in my log.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:43:59 PM
DSC Alarm Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 1)
DSC Alarm Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 2)
DSC Alarm Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 3)
DSC Alarm Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 4)

There are no Trouble status LEDs lit on my Alarm panel. I was getting a Smoke Detector fault email. I've just replaced the smoke detector, I haven't gotten anymore error emails but it's early on. I was hoping that would take care of this showing up in the log but it hasn't. This shows up every 4 minutes. I only have 1 partition and it is Partition 0. I was wondering if maybe I'm running an old plugin version?

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:38 pm
Monstergerm offline

Re: Is 1.5.5 the latest version number?

You are on a very old version of the plugin. The Plugin Store has the latest version, 2.2.2, which is a major upgrade with many new features compared to your version. Hope this clears up your error. If not you may have to reset the Envisalink module.

Also, Indigo is now at version 7.5 (you seem to still have 7.1 per your message)

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 pm
colovin offline

Re: Is 1.5.5 the latest version number?

Yea well, I'm a big believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm also not a fan of subscription software. My home automation computer is not running the latest and greatest (although that's debatable) OS, that's what my laptop is for. It's running Mojave which they dragged me to kicking and screaming because I updated my Mac mini and it isn't backwards compatible. I think I was running Sahara prior to that. I have whatever the next Indigo version was after 7.1 but it wasn't a case of just installing it, it changed somethings which I'd rather not do so I stayed on 7.1. Every time you update OS and sometimes software things get broken.

I think my problem was the battery. Last time I had anything to do with the panel was 4/17 when I changed the battery.. I checked the voltage of the power supply (18vac) and on the battery (both connected and disconnected) which was around 13v. I went ahead and changed it to a UPS battery I had sitting around. It needed to be charged because it had been on the shelf awhile. I got a battery error on the keypad with the new battery so I don't understand why I wasn't getting any sort of error with the old battery. What I was getting was the errors in indigo log file, chirping on the keypad with no error display and periodic Security Event: Fire Trouble emails. I'd get a series of 3 trouble and 3 restores over 3 minutes and then nothing for a few hours and then repeat.

Prior to replacing the battery in 4/17 the only other problems I've had was with the smoke detector which I had replace in 2012. So I got a new smoke detector which did not fix the problem. I was getting the same emails with the new smoke detector. I disabled the DSC plugin to see if that was causing the chirping on the keypad. It wasn't. I had also put the old battery back in thinking that the battery error was working. Finally settled on putting the new battery back , letting it charge overnight. Last trouble email was at 12:06 am today, chirping seems to have stopped so maybe the problem is solved. I have updated the plugin, also logged into EyezOn and saw a firmware update was available (no telling for how may years) so updated it. No new Indigo log error and after sitting overnight the old battery is reading 10.1v so I guess it can't hold a load anymore. Next step will be to put the old smoke detector back in but I'll wait a day to make sure everything else is working.

If you aren't working with things every day and it's only every 4 years or so you tend to forget how things work. It's a credit to the DSC alarm panel, the DSC plugin and Indigo that it just works, you don't have to screw with them all the time. :-)

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Page 1 of 1