DSC HS2128 - PowerSeries Neo Security Control Panel

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:11 am
Radjin offline

Is the plugin compatible with the DSC HS2128 - PowerSeries Neo Security Control Panel? I currently use the PC1864 but need to upgrade.

It's not rocket science...

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:46 pm
durosity offline

Re: DSC HS2128 - PowerSeries Neo Security Control Panel

Unfortunately as best I’m aware it’s not possible to integrate the Neo in the same way the old 1864 worked because they’ve encrypted the keybus commands and they’ve only given the keys to some very high end partners... any particular reason why you want the neo over the 1864?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 pm
Radjin offline

Not enough zones.

It's not rocket science...

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Radjin wrote:
Not enough zones.

You need more than 64 wired and 64 wireless zones? That's a LOT of zones for a home...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:55 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
Radjin wrote:
Not enough zones.

You need more than 64 wired and 64 wireless zones? That's a LOT of zones for a home...

Well you can have a maximum of 64 zones with the 1864, doesn’t matter if they’re wireless or wired or a mixture. In fairness I use about 40 in my fairly small 4 bedroom house so I suppose a larger home could go over 64. But like I said afaik DSC still isn’t allowing anyone but Control 4 and a few of the other big automation genders access to their system... which is frustratingly annoying.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
Well you can have a maximum of 64 zones with the 1864, doesn’t matter if they’re wireless or wired or a mixture.

Their sales literature is misleading about that.

durosity wrote:
In fairness I use about 40 in my fairly small 4 bedroom house

Help me understand the need for 40 zones in your house. I have 4 zones in my 2400sqft house. None of those are internal motion sensors, so I could see at most 4 more zones inside if I wanted indoor coverage. All my windows are on the same zone, so I could see breaking those up if I really thought I needed room-by-room window monitoring. So I could see maybe a total of 16 zones? Seems like anything more than that would just be a waste. Heck, even if I separated out each openable window into it's own zone, added glass break sensors for each, I'd still not get even close to 40 zones and the security coverage would be (granted, in my estimation) overkill/double redundancy...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:59 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
durosity wrote:
Well you can have a maximum of 64 zones with the 1864, doesn’t matter if they’re wireless or wired or a mixture.

Their sales literature is misleading about that.

durosity wrote:
In fairness I use about 40 in my fairly small 4 bedroom house

Help me understand the need for 40 zones in your house. I have 4 zones in my 2400sqft house. None of those are internal motion sensors, so I could see at most 4 more zones inside if I wanted indoor coverage. All my windows are on the same zone, so I could see breaking those up if I really thought I needed room-by-room window monitoring. So I could see maybe a total of 16 zones? Seems like anything more than that would just be a waste. Heck, even if I separated out each openable window into it's own zone, added glass break sensors for each, I'd still not get even close to 40 zones and the security coverage would be (granted, in my estimation) overkill/double redundancy...

I thought that was the definition of sales literature.. to mislead customers

So in my case all the windows, doors (not interior), motion, smoke, gas and glass break sensors are connected to the DSC system, plus a few non alarm ones I added on for triggers (such as pressure mats at the top and bottom of the stairs).. that way I don’t have to worry about using z-wave motion sensors (well I have a couple of them for outdoor use) and having to replace batteries and such. It actually works incredibly well too, and was much much cheaper than getting z-wave modules.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:50 am
howartp offline

My windows are on 3 wireless zones then I’ve about 12 wired ones.

64 is crazy!

Posted on
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:16 am
durosity offline

howartp wrote:
64 is crazy!

And the last decade of my posts on here indicate anything otherwise?

But in my defence I had the opportunity to run lots of wire for the sensors in this house back when I first moved in so I figured why not.. and a 1864 panel isn’t much more expensive than a 1616 or 1832 even when you take zone expanders into account.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1