DSC plugin not working with Envisilink 4 network

Posted on
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 pm
philipbasile offline

DSC plugin not working with Envisilink 4 network

Hi,

I have the envisalink 4 connected to my honeywell ademco panel and my network. I can looking to eyez-on.com and everything seems ok.

But I get the following errors from the plugin. Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Starting plugin "DSC Alarm 2.2.2" (pid 57018)
DSC Alarm Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "DSC Alarm 2.2.2"
DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.168.2.37:4025
DSC Alarm Communication established
DSC Alarm Error IT-100/Envisalink Error: Received a response with invalid characters
DSC Alarm Error Checksum did not match on a received packet.
DSC Alarm Error Connection RX Error: socket disconnected
DSC Alarm Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 2144, in runConcurrentThread
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-'

DSC Alarm Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 am
neilk offline

Re: DSC plugin not working with Envisilink 4 network

Did you mean with your Honeywell Ademco panel ? The DSC plugin requires a DSC panel, so it won’t work for you I am afraid.

I have no idea if Berkinet’s plugin will work with the envisalink, it may well do.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8008

Neil

Posted on
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:42 pm
Monstergerm offline

Unfortunately, the TPI protocols are different for DSC and Honeywell panels. Therefore the DSC plugin is not going to work for your Honeywell system.

EyezON has an iOS app so you don't have to use the web interface. I am not sure how well it integrates with HomeKit. There is some information out there that you can google for, e.g. http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=2110. If you get it to work with HomeKit, it may work with Indigo via the HomeKit Bridge plugin.

I also found another guy, who has used the Ademco TPI and written some kind of plugin. It even mentions an Indigo plugin option to communicate with Indigo home automation software. https://github.com/MattTW/HoneyAlarmServer

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 am
philipbasile offline

I can’t find the reference to indigo in your link. Can you show me the ref to indigo?

Philip

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:29 am
Monstergerm offline

just scroll down on the github page to get to the Plugin section

Plugin System
A basic plugin system is available. The plugins directory is searched for any python files containing classes that inherit from BasePlugin.
These classes override whatever events they are interested in responding to. A cfg file of the format ClassName.cfg is automatically loaded if present.
See the plugin-examples directory for a few samples:
indigoPlugin - Communicates status with Indigo home automation servers
pushoverPlugin - Sends notifications via the Pushover API to iOS/Android/Desktops
sssPlugin - Communicates with Synology Survelliance Station
pushbullet - Sends notifications to the PushBullet API (see dependancies)

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm
philipbasile offline

Thanks I found it!
Interesting this guy mike Weinecke has an indigo foscam plungin and like you said he makes reference to the alarm panel plugin. I don’t see anyway to get in touch with him, can’t find him on Facebook or linked in. Although I am an experienced developer I don’t know python or github. Are you in a position to get it and give it to me with some guidance to test it ?

Thanks

Philip

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm
neilk offline

I know this is the blind leading the blind but I took a look and the plugin is for the alarm server not for Indigo and it uses the Indigo Rest API to update Indigo variables to reflect basic alarm states, which you could then trigger off. The config file holds your indigo credentials. It looks like the zone level functionality was not implemented (the smarthings version looks more complete). No scripts or installs required at the Indigo end but you would need to setup the alarm server end, and possible create the indigo variables that will be updated by the "plugin"

It may be ok for your use case but it looks quite limited.

Thanks
Neil

Page 1 of 1