Silence / Acknowledge / reset alarm speaking

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm
peszko offline

Silence / Acknowledge / reset alarm speaking

I just had my smoke detector tripped, and along with that DSC plugin spoke that it was tripped, which is nice, but... I cleared the alarm using the alarm keypad, but the plugin continued to speak the alarm warning continuously every minute of so. I couldn't figure out how to stop it so I ended up restarting the DSC plugin which stopped it, but there must be a better way of doing it. How do I silence or acknowledge the alarm so it will stop speaking the warning?

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:32 pm
Monstergerm offline

Re: Silence / Acknowledge / reset alarm speaking

Hmm, this is weird. I did not program this original code. Looking through the code I believe there should be only one announcement after an alarm is triggered since a certain variable is being set from true to false after the alarm is getting disarmed.

I don't have any smoke detectors monitored by my DSC system, so I cannot test this. Is this happening only with smoke zones or any zone that is getting violated?

The DSC manual mentions that smoke sensors behave different from regular door/window sensors:
Certain sensors, after having detected an alarm condition, require a Reset to exit the alarm condition (i.e. glass break sensors, smoke detectors, etc.). Ask your alarm company if this function is required on your system.
To reset the detectors, press and hold the Reset key for 2 seconds or press *72.
If a sensor fails to reset, it may still be detecting an alarm condition. If the sensor reset is successful, the alarm is cancelled. If unsuccessful, the alarm will reactivate or continue.

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 pm
peszko offline

I'm not sure. The problem now is the plugin stopped working completely. I get the following when I configure the plugin to log debug:

Code: Select all
   DSC Alarm Debug                 STATE: Startup
   DSC Alarm Debug                 getConfiguration start
   DSC Alarm                       Error reading plugin configuration. (happens on very first launch)

I tried restarting the plugin, rebooting the computer, disconnecting and re-connecting the usb cable. Don't know whats happening. This error is continuously repeated every second.

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Let's try having the plugin recreate its configuration file (you'll have to refill in the main plugin UI):

1) Disable the plugin (and/or stop the Indigo Server).
2) Move this file to your desktop so the plugin doesn't find it:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.X/Preferences/Plugins/com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm.indiPref

3) Enable the plugin. You should then see the plugin's main configuration UI.

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:56 pm
peszko offline

Yes, this solved the problem. I didn't enable the speaking this time as I have my own speaking triggers for what I need.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1