Soooo this kinda' sorta'...

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm
jltnol offline

Soooo this kinda' sorta'...

So I have the DSC panel installed, and the plugin works great in Indigo. Turn out, the front door sensor is stuck in the "door closed" position. Not sure if this is an issue with just the sensor, or the wiring, or something with the way its connected to the panel. My hopes of getting this sensor fixed is pretty slim.

My solution was just to buy a 3rd party door sensor, and when it is opened, have it trigger the alarm thru Indigo.

But I don't see an option to have it work like a normal door sensor... I can see how to "Trigger Panic Alarm" but that's not exactly what I want it to do. I'd like it to act like a normal door sensor, so when the door is opened, there is a given time(set by the DSC Panel) to enter and dis-able the alarm, before it goes off and summons the police.

Is this possible ?

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 pm
durosity offline

Re: Soooo this kinda' sorta'...

Have you tried powering off your alarm panel and turning it back on? Occasional stuck zones do happen on some models.

Also does the zone changes register on the keypad? And is it programmed correctly if not as it may not be setup as a monitored zone.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I had the same problem - the hardwired sensor on the front door got messed up when we replaced the door. I just bought one of the DSC wireless sensors and put it on the front door. Works great.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am
Monstergerm offline

The plugin cannot emulate an alarm triggered by a zone violation. The TPI does not allow this. As others have suggested I think you should have the door sensor replaced/repaired or install a DSC wireless sensor.

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 pm
jltnol offline

I'll work on the options suggested...

THANKS

Page 1 of 1