Fire Zone

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:09 pm
jltnol offline

Fire Zone

So I just got a new DSC panel, and the Envisilink, and the plugin and this couldn't have been any easier to set up. Hats off to everyone involved!

One thing that has come up is the Fire Zone. I checked with my installer, and while I do have fire sensors, I don't have a fire "zone"... i.e. none are listed like the rest of the zones. So while this would be fun to have in Indigo, I'm not going to loose sleep if I can't get it set up.... but...

Are the Fire sensors usually put on a particular zone #? Or is there a special way I need indigo to see this special zone ?

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:37 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Fire Zone

My installer explained to me that heat/smoke detectors are normally setup in a zone that is then set to always be armed (i.e. doesn't arm/disarm with the standard alarm). Mine are setup on two zones actually (1st and 2nd floor) and I do have them showing up in Indigo. That probably doesn't help much, maybe that is just another way of installing them... ?

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:02 pm
johnfdl offline

Zone type 08 is what you want.....it's Standard 24-Hour Fire (Hardwire): Instant alarm and communication when violated

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:18 pm
jltnol offline

Thanks!
Got it!

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:06 am
Monstergerm offline

Fire Zones need to be programmed in DSC panel as zone type 08, as someone already mentioned.
In the DSC plugin, go to zones ... Edit Device Settings ... and select the zone type that makes sense for your zone.

Page 1 of 1