DSC Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User

Posted on
Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:59 pm
Fishysan offline

DSC Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User

Hi gang,

Thanks Monstergerm for continuing Travis' excellent work and adding more!!

I just upgraded to Indigo v7 and DSC Alarm plugin to v2.1.0.

Now, whenever someone disarms the system, I get an email from EyesOn with;
Code: Select all
Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User

Where I never did before... (I get a disarm email with the user code, etc. as well, that's normal/expected)

Why is it trying to mess with bypass codes? Is there a way to disable that? I'm not seeing anything about it in the plugin config.

Thanks much!

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 pm
Monstergerm offline

Re: DSC Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User

The [*][1] command is used to keep track of zone bypass status.

I noticed too that on EyezOn in the Activity log those entries appear. Apparently EyezOn thinks it is important to monitor those events. I am not sure whether they always did this or whether this is new. Did you just recently upgrade and was it from version 1.x? The [*][1] command has been used since version 2.

I do not get any emails from EyezOn about this, probably because I have turned off most notifications from then since I let Indigo handle them. You may want to try turning off a few of them; probably "Misc." is causing it.

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm
Fishysan offline

Re: DSC Security Event: [*][1] Accessed by User

Ahh OK, cool, yah was curious as I upgraded from a pre-monster DSC plugin. :) Can't recall, was an older pre-2.0 plugin, and v6. When I moved up to v7 I upgraded all my plugins.

So it was new with that - but I'll look at the EyezOn config to dial that back - or filter it out of main emails. I use EyezOn for notifications generally independently of Indigo.

Thanks for replying!

Page 1 of 1