Bypass as necessary and Arm Alarm?

Posted on
Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 pm
blysik offline

Bypass as necessary and Arm Alarm?

Is there any way to create an action which is simply: "Bypass whatever is necessary, and then alarm in away mode".

I want to create an action, which I then expose out via homebridge, and make it as simple as possible for my wife.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:51 pm
kidney offline

Re: Bypass as necessary and Arm Alarm?

I Think you should set a button that would do a "Force arm"

That is supposed to arm regardless of zone opened.

But not sure about

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 pm
blysik offline

I don't see a 'Force Arm' action in the DSC Alarm plugin.

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:03 pm
Monstergerm offline

The plugin has no separate force arm command. This is something that needs to be done through zone definitions on the DSC panel. Force arming should be used cautiously, since it allows you to arm the system with a zone that is not closed, e.g. a window. I believe motion sensors have the force arm attribute enabled. For other zones you would have to turn on the force arm attribute. You have to read through the DSC programming manual on how to do this

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Seems like you could write a Python script to check which zones are showing open, then use that list to bypass and arm? I haven't done this myself, but seems like it would be relatively straightforward, though may have to formulate the string to send yourself? Maybe one of the better alarm gurus can comment on that feasibility.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:35 pm
Monstergerm offline

v2.1.0 adds force stay and away arm commands for Envisalink interface. These commands will check for open zones and automatically bypass them before arming. Zones in partition 1 will show that they have been bypassed, which can be indicated on control pages with the blue star bypass icon if desired. Commands also work for other partitions but due to limitation of the TPI zones will not indicate bypass status.

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm
blysik offline

Hi, I just started looking at this again. I'm having some trouble with the force arm functionality:

Code: Select all
Jan 19, 2017, 10:11:22 AM
   Action Group                    Force Arm Alarm Stay
   DSC Alarm                       Received Zone Bypass Action for Zone 'Playroom Windows - Left' in Partition 1 'Default'.
   DSC Alarm                       Received Zone Bypass Action for Zone 'Master Bathroom Small Window' in Partition 1 'Default'.
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Zone 'Playroom Windows - Left' Bypassed.
   DSC Alarm                       Arming Alarm in Forced Stay Mode. (Partition 1 'Default')
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Zone 'Master Bathroom Small Window' Bypassed.
   DSC Alarm Error                 Timed out after waiting for response to command 0311 for 3 seconds, retrying.
   DSC Alarm Error                 Timed out after waiting for response to command 0311 for 3 seconds, retrying.
   DSC Alarm Error                 Resent command 0311 3 times with no success, aborting.

It almost looks like it tries to Arm, before the bypasses are setup?

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 pm
blysik offline

And then 5 minutes later:

Code: Select all
Jan 19, 2017, 10:16:16 AM
   DSC Alarm Error                 Connection RX Error: connection failed ([Errno 54] Connection reset by peer)
   DSC Alarm Error                 Tried to send data but socket seems to have closed.  Trying to re-initialize.
   DSC Alarm                       Initializing communication at address: 192.168.55.21:4025
   DSC Alarm                       Communication established
   DSC Alarm                       Connected to Envisalink.
   DSC Alarm                       Alarm Panel Armed in Stay Mode. (Partition 1 'Default')
   Trigger                         Alarm Armed - Set State

So huh. That's interesting.

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 pm
Monstergerm offline

So it eventually did arm the panel and all open zones were bypassed?

It looks to me there is a communication overload. The bypass commands are very communication intensive with 2-way traffic between the panel and envisalink.
What Envisalink are you using?

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:47 pm
blysik offline

Yes, it eventually went through and armed. It's an envisalink-4.

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 pm
Monstergerm offline

I also have an Envisalink-4. It is supposed to communicate more quickly with the DSC panel. I think your error is caused by the panel being busy with handling all those bypass commands.

If you are handy with the plugin you can try to increase the delay time between the bypass commands:

Right-click on the DSC plugin and select "Show package content"
Navigate to the plugin.py file and Open with a text editor.
Change line 374 from self.sleep(2) to self.sleep(3)
Change line 403 from self.sleep(2) to self.sleep(3)
Save file and restart the plugin

Let me know if this helps.

Page 1 of 1