DSC TL2603GR Dual Path GSM/IP Communicator

Posted on
Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:37 am
philc offline

DSC TL2603GR Dual Path GSM/IP Communicator

I just moved into a new house and planning to install a DSC 1864 PowerSeries alarm. I understand the plugin works with the IT-100 and Envisalink, but I'm curious if it also works with the DSC TL2603GR Dual Path GSM/IP Communicator. It combines IP and cellular comms into one board, along with some other functionality I want. Anybody have any ideas or experience?
Best,
Phil

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:13 pm
philc offline

Re: DSC TL2603GR Dual Path GSM/IP Communicator

Well, I bought it and hooked it up - and no joy. The user documentation for the IP Communicator doesn't say anything about a user password, and the event log is showing:

DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.168.1.10:4025
DSC Alarm Error Error opening socket: Could not open port socket://192.168.1.10:4025: timed out
DSC Alarm Plugin will attempt to re-initialize again in 3 minutes.

I know the IP address is correct; I can ping at that address. IP is static. Not sure if the port addressed by the plugin is correct for the IP communicator.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm
durosity offline

Is there any documentation on an API for this module? It's not a module I'm familiar with but certainly other modules like the IT-100 have had specific instructions written for integrating them into other systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 pm
philc offline

No documentation I know or can find. I researched this module before I bought, and found nothing useful...but of course, now that I've installed it and no luck on the plugin, have discovered that this module is meant for professional monitoring services, so I doubt there's a public API. In fact, it's supposed to be configured through a service from DSC called Connect24, for professional installers.

So may have been a waste of money if I decide not to use professional monitoring. I could loan it to Travis so he could play around with it, but connecting it was complex so he may not want to do it. I have an Envisalink-4, so I'll pop that in and set up via that method. I've read that both modules can coexist, so shouldn't be too hard.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 pm
durosity offline

Yeah I'd just go with the envisalink, i use one and it works well (although I do find the IT 100 responds faster so I use one of those for any trigger based commands)

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1