DSC Plugin and EVL-3 interface not working.

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:43 am
srkinard offline

DSC Plugin and EVL-3 interface not working.

I have an ADT Safewatch 3000 Pro (same as Vista 20P - I think) and I purchased an EYEZ-ON EVL-3 Envisalink Internet Alert Module for DSC & Honeywell Security units. I can login to the EVL-3 web interface and see zone statuses and all, but I cannot get the DSC Alarm plugin to get Ingido talking with it.

I truly don't know much about the alarm panel or the EVL-3, but I'd like to figure it out one day and be able to use any of the alarm sensors to trigger Indigo to respond (lights, siren (eventually), camera recording (SecSpy) and text messaging me.

Here's all the most recent error messages from the log from where I updated and enabled the plugin.

Code: Select all
 Upgrading plugin DSC Alarm to newer version 2.0.6 (previous version moved to trash)
  Loading plugin "DSC Alarm 2.0.6"
  Starting plugin "DSC Alarm 2.0.6" (pid 44858)
  DSC Alarm                       Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
  SQL Logger                      creating table variable_history_254644808 for "DSCalarmText"
  SQL Logger                      creating table variable_history_81110068 for "DSCalarmMemory"
  SQL Logger                      creating table variable_history_1540956115 for "DSCcommand"
  Started plugin "DSC Alarm 2.0.6"
  DSC Alarm                       Your plugin version, v2.0.6, is current.
  DSC Alarm                       Initializing communication at address: 192.168.100.99:4025
  DSC Alarm Error                 IT-100/Envisalink Error: Received a response with invalid characters
  DSC Alarm Error                 Checksum did not match on a received packet.
  DSC Alarm Error                 Timed out after waiting for response to command 005HD5dK3 for 3 seconds, retrying.
  DSC Alarm Error                 Timed out after waiting for response to command 005HD5dK3 for 3 seconds, retrying.
  DSC Alarm Error                 Resent command 005HD5dK3 3 times with no success, aborting.
  DSC Alarm Error                 Timeout waiting for Envisalink to respond to login request.
  DSC Alarm                       Plugin will attempt to re-initialize again in 3 minutes.

Aug 27, 2016, 3:14:54 AM
  DSC Alarm                       Initializing communication at address: 192.168.100.99:4025
  DSC Alarm Error                 IT-100/Envisalink Error: Received a response with invalid characters
  DSC Alarm Error                 Resent command 005HD5dK3 3 times with no success, aborting.
  DSC Alarm Error                 Timeout waiting for Envisalink to respond to login request.
  DSC Alarm                       Plugin will attempt to re-initialize again in 3 minutes.
  DSC Alarm                       Log level preferences changed to "Intense Debug".
  DSC Alarm Debug                 getConfiguration start
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Configuration read successfully
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: Login:
  DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 005HD5dK338
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: FAILED

Here's the proof that the EVL-3 is talking to the panel:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I'm a total noob with this panel and such so I'm struggling a lot. I've considered buying the alphanumeric keypad to swap out for my primary pad so I can better work with it.

If anyone here knows these panels well, please help a fellow geek out. :)

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:24 am
travisc offline

Re: DSC Plugin and EVL-3 interface not working.

Hi Ross,

When the Envisalink is connected to a Honeywell panel the protocol and API it uses is completely different. Therefore it doesn't make sense for us to try to support them in the DSC Alarm plugin.

Sorry,
Travis

Page 1 of 1