v2.0 Bugs

Posted on
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:16 am
whmoorejr offline

Re: v2.0 Bugs

SOLVED!!!

Travis, You can categorize my "Bug" as user error. Your plugin is still rock solid.

matt (support) wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how that error is occurring. Choose the Indigo 6->About Indigo... menu item – what versions does it show for both the Indigo client and server? Are they the same?

:D

That did it. I had 6.1.7 on the client and 6.1.10 on the server. I usually don't look at the version... I just select the "Check for updates" which said, while running 6.1.7, You have the latest version. So I downloaded 6.1.10, installed and presto... no more errors. I updated a device, changed a trigger, everything is visible again.

Thanks to all of you that helped me work through this.

Matt.... what made you suspect the inconsistency in versions? (Just so I know what to look for in the future if I run into weirdness)

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:14 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The only way I figured that error could occur would be if there was a client/server mismatch.

When we have changes that break compatibility between the client and server we are supposed to update a magic internal protocol version number in Indigo, which causes Indigo to refuse (and show an error) if you try to connect to a mismatched server from a client. I forgot to bump that protocol version number the last time I made an incompatible change, so Indigo allowed the connection even though it was doomed to fail.

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:25 pm
durosity offline

Just found another little buglet hiding away.

I've just deleted a DSC zone i no longer need. Now every time anything causes activation of a zone i'm getting the following error:

Code: Select all
  DSC Alarm Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2096, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1147, in readPacket
  File "plugin.py", line 1703, in updateZoneState
  File "plugin.py", line 1670, in updateZoneGroup
KeyError: key id 1164781791 not found in database

DSC Alarm Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

And of course ID 1164781791 is the device i just deleted. Alas i can't seem to correct the issue without restoring a backup of the DB.. so far i've tried:

Deleting the prefs file
creating a new device and assigning the old zone to it
reloading the plugin
restarting Indigo

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:39 pm
durosity offline

Ah wait found it.. it was a zone group that referenced it. Still would be nice if it validated the info itself :D

Computer says no.