DSC Alarm Plugin has stopped working

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 pm
colovin offline

DSC Alarm Plugin has stopped working

Plugin has been working marvelously forever and now it's stopped working. Just updated from Lion to Mountian Lion but I think it was working when I first switched over. I'm getting "Error opening socket: Could not open port socket://192.168.1.50:4025: (64, 'host is down')" I don't know where the plugin is getting the port 4025, I haven't put it in there and I don't see any spot for a port assignment. If you go to the IP without the port it opens fine. With the port, it . . . well won't open. I tried assigning the EnvisaLink card to port 4025 but there is no where in the card's configuration page to assign a port and just doing it in the time capsule doesn't work. Is this another thing that Mountain Lion is screwing with? If I had my drothers I'd stay with Lion but I upgraded my hardware and Mountain Lion is the lowest OS that can be run. Is there a way to ditch the port 4025? Not sure what's going on here. All my system information is up to date in the signature.

Thanks,

Jack

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 pm
colovin offline

Re: DSC Alarm Plugin has stopped working

I've been tinkering with this trying to get it going again. I thought that I might try uninstalling the plug in and then reinstalling it. I do have the latest DSC plugin installed 1.5.3, forgot to put that in my initial post. From what I gleaned from forum searches all I need to do is go into the library/appSupport/Perceptive . . . and delete the plugin and also remove the com.indigoplugin.DSC Pref file. This might be old news because I can't find a preference file in any of the usual places and with the plugin removed now it's complaining that it can't find the plugin.

What I need to do is get rid of the 4025 port request? Is that a default port? Why has that not been a problem before? IP address without the port opens up to the card just fine. With a port it doesn't. How do I get rid of the port? How do I get rid of the Pref file that has the port in it so I can set it up again? Why do people think it's a good idea to get government involved in health care? Whoops that belongs in a different forum :-) BUT I'm missing my alarm system's gentle voice telling me to run like hell after the alarm is turned on. I've been searching the forums and searching my computer for relevant files and haven't been very successful. Hopefully someone out there can help me out.

OK, just found the preference file in the support folder. Deleted it, quite Indigo, restarted it, then restated the server but it's still looking for the plugin. How do I get it to go away so I can do a fresh install?

OK OK, finally managed to zero out the preferences so I could do a clean setup. Did the clean setup and the damn thing is still putting in port 4025!!! Where the hell is that coming from? As long as it's trying to go to port 4025 the card won't open up to it. This is getting to be VERY discouraging.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:15 am
nlagaros offline

I'm having the same issue. I get this in my log:

Code: Select all
  DSC Alarm                       Initializing communication at address: 192.168.0.41:4025
  DSC Alarm Error                 Connection TX Error: an integer is required

This is after upgrading to Indigo v6.0.6.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 am
oktemplar offline

+1 on the 4025 issue. My setup was working great prior to this morning when I updated to 6.0.6, wish I had checked here first haha :wink:

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We did update an internal library used to handle plugin serial communication in 6.0.6. Let's try reverting that library to the previous version to see if the updated library is causing the problem:

1) Download the old version of the library and double click to unzip it into a folder (if your browser doesn't automatically unzip it).

2) Shutdown the Indigo Server (Indigo->Stop Server menu item).

3) Navigate to this folder:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/

4) Right-click (or CNTRL+click) on the file IndigoPluginHost.app and choose the Show Package Contents menu item.

5) Navigate into the package folder Contents/Plugins.

6) Rename the folder serial to serial_maybe_broken.

7) Copy over the downloaded serial folder into the Contents/Plugins folder.

8) Start the Indigo Server back up.

Does the DSC plugin then work correctly?

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 am
oktemplar offline

matt (support) wrote:
Does the DSC plugin then work correctly?

Did your steps Matt, and the DSC plugin now works great again. YMMV everyone else, but it definitely worked for me :D

Thanks for the help Matt!

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the report.

If you don't mind getting double confirmation for me, can you swap the 2 serial folders again (rename the current from serial to serial_seems_to_work and rename the broken one back to serial)? You'll need to shutdown/restart the Indigo Server like you did before as well.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am
oktemplar offline

matt (support) wrote:
Thanks for the report.

If you don't mind getting double confirmation for me, can you swap the 2 serial folders again (rename the current from serial to serial_seems_to_work and rename the broken one back to serial)? You'll need to shutdown/restart the Indigo Server like you did before as well.

Just did as you asked, and I can confirm that doing this causes the plugin to break again. So this does look to be the cause.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:43 am
Seeker offline

i just updated to the latest indigo and am having the same error. any harm in doing the fix above?

edit: the fix above works for now.
Last edited by Seeker on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Seeker wrote:
i just updated to the latest indigo and am having the same error. any harm in doing the fix above?

No, at this point I recommend it if you are seeing the problem.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 pm
jabeard3 offline

Confirmed same issue here, replacing the serial folder solved the problem

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 am
Sevilsivle offline

As I posted here this also affects the RFXCOM Plugin.
The workaround restores functionality.

Tim

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble tracking down the exact reason this is failing. I know it is related to an update to the serial library, but I cannot reproduce it with my serial plugins. A couple of questions:

1) Are you seeing the failure with direct USB/serial hardware (DSC IT-100) or via IP (Envisalink3)?

2) What version of Mac OS X are you running?

3) Does everyone see the same error: "Connection TX Error: an integer is required" ?

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:39 pm
nlagaros offline

1. I'm using an Envisalink 2DS
2. OS X 10.9
3. This is what I see

matt (support) wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble tracking down the exact reason this is failing. I know it is related to an update to the serial library, but I cannot reproduce it with my serial plugins. A couple of questions:

1) Are you seeing the failure with direct USB/serial hardware (DSC IT-100) or via IP (Envisalink3)?

2) What version of Mac OS X are you running?

3) Does everyone see the same error: "Connection TX Error: an integer is required" ?

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This problem should now be fixed in Indigo 6.0.7.