Anyone up for detailing Travis's Control Page?

Posted on
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm
dstrickler offline

Anyone up for detailing Travis's Control Page?

I am running the latest plugin and v6.x of Indigo, and really like the way his Control Page looks with the "time since triggered" text on the button face.

I am having trouble even making the buttons come up in the Indigo interface, no less getting it to look that good.

Would someone mind creating an Indigo HowTo on working on the buttons? I have the background, and the LED panel working just fine.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 am
Dewster35 offline

Re: Anyone up for detailing Travis's Control Page?

Dave,
Is all you're looking for is a way to get the time since last triggered text to display for a number of devices?

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 am
dstrickler offline

Yup, and I need is the text to fit side of the button. I don't know how to do that.

Well, honestly I am having trouble figuring out which directories the icons go into as well, so something tells me I could use an overview of what I need to do. The dirs supplied in the help file don't seem to be working for my images, even if I restart Indigo.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:05 am
Dewster35 offline

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10267
The above thread should get you the text info. I simply placed the variable on a control page.

I too liked how the last triggered was shown on his plugin. I know in conversations with him, it was supposed to be something built into the DSC plugin, although I don't use the plugin myself.

I've implemented something similar on my security page. I keep time stamps for doors opening and motion.

Not sure exactly what you mean by having the buttons come up in the interface unless this is something more related to something in the DSC plugin rather than an indigo control page.
Attachments
October_18__2013_at_0957AM.png
October_18__2013_at_0957AM.png (109.16 KiB) Viewed 2489 times

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm
hamw offline

That looks like a neat idea. How many variables do you need to set up to track the elapsed time
for each device?

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:52 pm
Dewster35 offline

hamw wrote:
That looks like a neat idea. How many variables do you need to set up to track the elapsed time
for each device?

It is variable intensive, but I like the result. 2 per device. 1 per device per timestamp (and one trigger) and one variable per time elapsed.

Page 1 of 1