[ANSWERED] Devices not visible remotely

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:51 pm
Seeker offline

[ANSWERED] Devices not visible remotely

Great plugin, it works perfectly.

I'd like to be able to view my doors in the remote/ios device list, but these are greyed out and i cannot enable.

Also, in the virtual device groups settings, the DSC devices are not listed/available.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Devices not visible remotely or in virtual device groups

Here is a reply I posed on your other thread which I'll include here since it is relevant to the question:

matt (support) wrote:
Plugins that define custom devices do not show in the main device list of Indigo Touch currently (we have plans to address this in the future), but if a plugin creates devices of one of the built-in types (relay, dimmer, sensor, thermostat) then it will show up in the Indigo Touch UI. In this case I believe the individual DSC zones could use the sensor type device, so you should post on Travis's DSC subforum to see if that might be a possible change he could implement. It might be difficult though depending on how he is using the custom devices.

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'll note that Travis includes the graphics used to create the example control page (found in the announcement thread) in the plugin download. It is pretty trivial to create a page to match his thanks to his graphics and the fact that there are not too many actions/elements required... and you can definitely find help here if you need assistance while attempting that.

Posted on
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 am
Seeker offline

Thanks for the replies. I achieved what I needed with a virtual device for 'any door open' and a few triggers.

Posted on
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm
Seeker offline

On this doc page:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10287

It talks about 'zone group devices'. I can't figure out what this is?

Zone Groups
Sometimes it can be useful to keep track of many zones at once. For example:
- If any door or window zone has been open for more than 5 minutes, turn off the HVAC system.
- If there's been no motion detected on the zones in the basement for 30 minutes, turn off the lights.
- If all the door and motion zones have been closed for x hours, nobody's home, do something.
- If any water leak detector has been tripped, do something.

Some of the above situations were difficult to detect without scripting. They can now be easily detected using a Zone Group device. Create a new zone group device, then add the zones you'd like to keep track of. The Zone Groups have the following events you can use in your conditions and triggers:

- The Zone Group's state is open when ANY member zone is open, and closed only when ALL member zones are closed.
- The Minutes Since Any Zone's State Changed timer is reset to 0 when ANY of the member zone's state's change.
- The Minutes Since Group's State Changed timer is reset to 0 when ALL zones become closed, or ANY zone becomes open.

edit: figured this out. it's under device, dsc, zone group. makes an any/all device (not visible remotely).

Posted on
Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm
Seeker offline

matt (support) wrote:
Here is a reply I posed on your other thread which I'll include here since it is relevant to the question:

matt (support) wrote:
Plugins that define custom devices do not show in the main device list of Indigo Touch currently (we have plans to address this in the future), but if a plugin creates devices of one of the built-in types (relay, dimmer, sensor, thermostat) then it will show up in the Indigo Touch UI. In this case I believe the individual DSC zones could use the sensor type device, so you should post on Travis's DSC subforum to see if that might be a possible change he could implement. It might be difficult though depending on how he is using the custom devices.

Bump, and I hope this enhancement is still on the to-do list.

I just installed 6 more window/door zones. It sure would be nice to see the current state of my 17 windows/doors by looking at the device list in the iPhone app.

Posted on
Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, the next major rev of Indigo Touch will definitely show those device states in the UI.

Page 1 of 1