Smartphone Radar with Peplink Balance One?

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm
dherren offline

Smartphone Radar with Peplink Balance One?

I've been trying to configure this plug-in to work with my Peplink Balance One. I have syslog turned on on the router and pointed at the internal IP address of the machine running Indigo.

When I turn on debugging in the plugin, I see Indigo log entries for whenever I make a change to the router configuration and save it, but I never see any reports when a device appears on the network. But those changes to configuration are the only entry I ever see on the Indigo side. I've searched Peplink archives to find if there is a way to configure what activity is logged to the syslog, but I haven't found anything yet.

As it stands, both of the phones I'm trying to configure in Smartphone Radar both eventually get logged as "Away" regardless of whether I use the MAC address or the fixed IP addresses assigned to those devices by the Peplink.

Any suggestions?

Posted on
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 am
dherren offline

Re: Smartphone Radar with Peplink Balance One?

So, some more information. I have debugging and SNMP output turned on to see what is reported. Here is an example after restarting the router:

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:25:18 AM
Smartphone Radar Debug Incrementing lastSeen timer of 'Marina's iPhone'
Smartphone Radar Debug Incrementing lastSeen timer of 'David's iPhone'
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:21 idiomatrix-balance-one System: Started up (7.1.2 build 4094)
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:25 idiomatrix-balance-one Web blocking: Activated
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:34 idiomatrix-balance-one Admin: admin (192.168.1.100) login successful
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:41 idiomatrix-balance-one WAN: Shoreham Telephone-OTT connected (192.168.89.3)
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:47 idiomatrix-balance-one System: Time synchronization successful (InControl)
Smartphone Radar Router Log: <133>Feb 12 11:25:51 idiomatrix-balance-one System: Wi-Fi AP Normal Mode

To my less than network savvy eye, it would appear that my Peplink Balance One is successfully passing syslog info to the plugin, but it may be that the level of information reported by the Peplink isn't detailed enough for the plugin to see the phones. Does that seem to be the case for those of you who know much more about this than I do?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1