Aeon Labs Minimote Remote (DSA03202)

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 am
wideglidejrp offline

Re: Aeon Labs Minimote Remote (DSA03202)

The minimote came with a brief user guide. No mention of parameter #250. I have tried resetting the device and re-syncing. No luck. I tried to update the firmware using VmWare on Mac. The VM could not see the device. Perhaps the device is defective? Has anyone had this problem?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've not seen or heard of anyone else having this problem before. It is either defective or they changed the firmware and broke the central/global scene support (which is enabled by Indigo setting parameter 250 to 1 during sync). I'm curious, are your other MiniMote's the same firmware version (protocol: 2.48, app: 3.10). If so, then I think getting the not-working one replaced would be your best bet. If they aren't the same firmware, then probably trying a replacement is the next step as well... I'm just not as confident it will help.

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:24 pm
NicholFD offline

Aeon Labs Minimote Remote (DSA03202)-how to remove from Indi

I have a Minimote that won't hold a charge and I want to remove/exclude it from Indigo. I've searched here, online and all manuals I can find. I don't see a way to "remove" from Indigo or the Z-Stick (Gen 5).

I see earlier in this thread that others have removed the Minimote. Please enlighten me or point me to another post!

Thanks,
Frank

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:29 pm
NicholFD offline

Never mind - it finally worked after about the 5th attempt. I put the Z-Wave controller in exclusion mode, and pressed the "Join" button. Indigo shows it is removed, and turned off exclusion mode.

On all previous attempts, Indigo showed entering exclusion mode and then exiting exclusion mode, but was not stating "controller excluded module: 040 - Portable Remote Controller".

After writing the above post, and another attempt, it worked!

Thanks,
Frank

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:50 pm
kwijibo007 offline

I've just noticed that Indigo is sometimes registering a button 3 press when I press button two on my Minimote..

Both presses below were button two - directly after one another.

Code: Select all
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD sceneActivateCmd: 01 0A 00 04 00 03 04 2B 01 03 00 DF
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  sceneActivateCmd: node 003, scene: 3
   Z-Wave                          received "Minimote" button 2 pressed
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD sceneActivateCmd: 01 0A 00 04 00 03 04 2B 01 05 00 D9
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  sceneActivateCmd: node 003, scene: 5
   Z-Wave                          received "Minimote" button 3 pressed

It looks like the Minimote sending the D9 code instead of the DF. Is this a hardware fault?

It mostly happens when pressing button two after a period of inactivity... like when you're most likely to be using it :roll:

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've never seen that behavior with my Minimote before (nor heard reports of it from others). I'm not sure if the problem is some type of communication glitch (either Z-Wave or USB) or the module is malfunctioning. You might try contacting Aeotec support to see if they know it is a known problem or not. One thing to note is I have seen bytes get scrambled in packets sent to Indigo before when using a Z-Wave extension cable with the Z-Stick. So you might want to try other USB ports to see if that improves things or not. My guess is it is a marginal module.

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 am
kwijibo007 offline

matt (support) wrote:
My guess is it is a marginal module.

Thanks Matt, that's what I'm thinking... didn't really need 4 buttons anyway... :wink:

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 7:23 am
dbo offline

Once part of my network, is it possible to "clone" settings from one minimote to a second one? That is, rather than programming every button press and button hold again, just use what I've already got set up on my first minimote?

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It depends on what you do with the button press/holds. If you have Triggers for each of them and you want them to do the exact same thing, then just duplicate your existing triggers and edit them to look for the new minimote.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn