Attention Web Designers

Posted on
Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Attention Web Designers

Are you a web designer that understands Indigo and home automation? Have you looked at our site (admittedly pretty dated) and thought "those poor guys need my help"? Do you have what it takes to help us take our website and branding to the next level?

We know there are a bunch of very talented Indigo users out there and we're looking for the right designer to help us freshen our brand and image - and if you're an Indigo user already then you have domain knowledge that would be an advantage. If you think you fit the bill let us know - post (or email to indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com) some links to your work and let us know why you think you could help.

We're looking for the following (but all are not required):

• Logo design
  • Website design (including images, CSS, fonts, colors, styles - we'll do the implementation)
  • phpbb template design
  • dokuwiki template design

The first two are the important parts - but the last two would be killer companions. Professional designers with work samples and references are welcome to submit.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 am
Korey offline

Re: Attention Web Designers

Love the new look of the site!

Nice work guys!
:D

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 am
durosity offline

Yeah it’s looking very slick and professional! Now if only you could get the phpbb bit updated to allow iPhone apps like tapatalk á la viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6918 :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:27 pm
nsheldon offline

+1 to new site look. Nice!

Posted on
Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm
midd offline

Agreed. Really like the logo. But what I appreciate the most is that you didn't change the integrity of the forum itself. By this I mean you didn't combine categories or change the way we navigate through them. Too many times I have seen web forums do this and it gets too confusing.

Thanks!

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks guys. This is just step one in a larger site rework, but I decided that since we put a new paint job on Indigo the site needed one as well. And I couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least simplify and clean up some of the glaring stuff.

So, consider this a sneak preview of things to come. BTW, the offer above still stands - we've found a great guy (Mark Gervais) who's done some great graphics work for us (so the first bullet point is done), but we're still looking to potentially get someone to help with website design, and php and doku template work.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 am
jalves offline

Also like the new feel of the web site redesign. Just a small quibble, could you re-arrange the Indigo logo and the "home|Download\etc" so that they take less vertical room? Those of us on smaller screens (AKA a 13" MBP) find it takes up about 1/3'd of my browser window in its new incarnation.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That's something that'll have to happen in the next iteration (whenever we get around to that).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:02 pm
finkej offline

Is there any way to make the color difference between read topics and unread greater? The light blue vs almost as light blue is hard for me to tell apart.

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, we'll take a look at it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Forums that have unread content are now in italics as well as being the brighter Indigo color.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm
finkej offline

Thanks, that helps!

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm
durosity offline

It’d be really handy if you could add a “Mark forums read” option on the “View unread posts” section one day.. easier than having to mark each individual ones i have no interest in as read manually. :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:04 pm
roussell offline

durosity wrote:
It’d be really handy if you could add a “Mark forums read” option on the “View unread posts” section one day.. easier than having to mark each individual ones i have no interest in as read manually. :)

There is one, go the the main forum page and scroll to the bottom, it's in the center just above the footer in the bottom "bar".

I saved a link to it on the bookmarks bar for easy clicking.

Terry

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:25 pm
durosity offline

roussell wrote:
durosity wrote:

There is one, go the the main forum page and scroll to the bottom, it's in the center just above the footer in the bottom "bar".

I saved a link to it on the bookmarks bar for easy clicking.

Terry

Yeah, i know it’s there.. it’s just a faf having to go back to another page/have a bookmark to access it… i want it automated dammit ;)

Computer says no.