devices, signals and cameras

Posted on
Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:26 pm
anchmike offline

devices, signals and cameras

Newbie - I've checked these forums back through Nov 04 and was unable to find an answer. I hope someone here can answer a couple of questions.

I bought Indigo 1.5.5 to run on my iMac (10.3.7). Originally ran Smarthome software on a PC. I have all X10 devices.

So first question is, on the new device window, how do I match up my devices to what is on that window? I've checked X10, Smarthomes and several other sites and can't seem to find the answer. Is there somewhere that cross-references similar devices from different manufacturers/distributors?

I think I've found a signal problem (old home). Is there a way to send signals across different wiring circuits via transceivers? I have several TM751's. Is there a device that can sit on the same circuit the PowerLinc 1132CU is on and transmit to these 751's on another circuit within the same house? e.g. The PC was plugged into the outlet on an adjacent wall in the same room I have the iMac and PowerLinc. The PowerLinc can turn on lamps on it's wall but not the adjacent wall or the living room at the oposite end of the house.

Finally, can my camera's work on Indigo? If so where do I find the info to do so?

TIA. :oops:

Mike

Posted on
Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: devices, signals and cameras

Hi Mike,

anchmike wrote:
...on the new device window, how do I match up my devices to what is on that window?

If you have X10 brand modules, then choose between Appliance Module, Light Module, or Generic Light Switch. You might also have the socket rocket or the 2-Way LM-14A/AM-14A. You can click the Options... button to get an idea of what features the modules support, then choose a type that matches your modules' capabilities. The most important setting is the dimming type: normal, preset, extended. Most of the X10 brand modules use normal, Smarthome uses preset, and Leviton uses extended.

I don't believe there is a RF-based repeater for X10 signals -- just the signal coupler / repeaters like the SignalLinc. Do you have a signal coupler / repeater?

Indigo doesn't support video (look at the apps SecuritySpy or EvoCam), but you can control your X10 video power supply transformers, if you have them. Create a new device (use appliance module type) for every X10 power supply module you want to control, then you can send them Turn On or Turn Off commands.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1