5 or more x10 wireless cameras

Posted on
Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:02 pm
ddeppe offline

5 or more x10 wireless cameras

Hello all. I am setting up some wireless x10 camera's in multiple locations to keep an eye on the children - helps keep them in line. They seem to work in groups of 4 in that when I send an on to camera p1, p2,3 & 4 all shut off without needing an off signal. p5 however stays on, and since all cameras broadcast on a single frequency that my receiver is listening on, the two cameras interfere with eachother. Anyone know of a way to get the cameras to shut off when an on signal is sent to anything on the p house code? If not, do any of you have an idea for a simple method to send an all-off to p housecode whenever an on is received from px & then follow it up with a new on for px (since it would be shut off by the all-off) other than setting up a seperate action group & trigger action for each camera? Thanks for any ideas :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 5 or more x10 wireless cameras

Yep, that is the way those X10 camera power supplies work -- if they see an ON command for any address within their 4 block range (other than their address), then they turn off. I don't believe there is any way to extend this to work beyond the 4 address block.

Which leaves you with a couple of options: create Trigger Actions for each camera button (as you suggest) or create an attachment AppleScript that handles the logic. I'd definitely suggest the former unless you known AppleScript well.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1