KeypadLinc nightmares

Posted on
Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:44 pm
philletourneau offline

KeypadLinc nightmares

hello all,

I just purchased some shiny new 6-button KeypadLincs from Smarthome.

They work out of the box no problem, with the default addresses A-1 through A-5. The problem is when I try to program these buttons to do ANYTHING else.

You can use the buttons in a "non-toggle" fashion, which is what I would like to do. I would like to dedicate 2 of these buttons to control volume up/down in itunes via applescript. I have the script working, indigo has it all setup.

When i try to program the keypadlinc... I'm using the maxi controller app to send the commands to program this damn thing, but once i have programmed a button to lets say B1, I'll press the button and nothing shows up in the indigo logs, nothing happens. ALTHOUGH sometimes when I press another, lets say A2 button next to my re-programmed B1 button, then my log will show

B1 on
A2 on

It's almost as though the keypadlinc won't properly send the B1 command unless it is followed by another working button, like A2 or A3.

GRRRRR

can anyone help?

Phil.

Posted on
Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KeypadLinc nightmares

Hi Phil,

Based on your description it sounds like you've programmed that KeypadLinc button to only send the address B1, and not the combination B1 On. Indigo only reports commands it receives to the Event Log once the command portion (on/off/dim/brighten/etc) has been received.

So if Indigo received B1, A2 On, then it would report:

B1 On
A2 On

but only after it receives the On portion of the sequence.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1