coupler-repeater

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:45 pm
BruceP offline

coupler-repeater

I have read Smart Homes page on this and also the many comments here. But as usual I have the odd ball situation.

This house is 34,000 Sq ft. But having the computer in the center of the house seems to help. THe house electrical supply has two panels with a seperate generator panel.

Not being an electrician, I do know three wires come to the house and then branch off to the boxes....how I do not know. I have one dryer 220v plug, but I assume (yes I know) that would only cover one electrical panel.

Any suggestions on how to bridge all the panels/lines in this situation?

Ah the mystries of invisable items

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:43 pm
dalenis offline

Re: coupler-repeater

BruceP wrote:
This house is 34,000 Sq ft. But having the computer in the center of the house seems to help.

Hi Bruce,

First let's clear up one thing.......is the house really 34,000 Sq. ft....:) Heck I would need a road map to just get arround say nothing about getting the X-10 singals arround.....:) If it is then I will leave this to someone else! But if it is 3400 Sq. ft then I would think one coupler/repeater should work fine if it were installed in either beaker box.

But even if the house is 34,000 sq. ft I still am able to send signals to my barn that is 170 from the house :D

Dale

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: coupler-repeater

I'm not sure what the best way would be to bridge multiple panels. I think Dale is right -- you probably only need to bridge 1 panel to connect both 120V "legs" of the power system. But if your house is more than, say 10000 SqFt, then you will likely need some signal boosters on the far ends of the electrical system.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:32 am
BruceP offline

(No subject)

Sorry about that, I guess I left my finger on the 0 one to many times. Yes it is 3400.

So if I understand you correctly the 220v dryer connection bridge should work?

THanks again

Posted on
Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:39 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

BruceP wrote:
So if I understand you correctly the 220v dryer connection bridge should work?

Yes, I believe so. But make sure you get the one that is a "repeater" and not just a bridge.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1