Outdoor Appliance Module

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:56 am
kyleputzier offline

Outdoor Appliance Module

I need an outdoor appliance module. One that can take direct rain. Is there such a thing? If not, I suppose I can put a regular one in a waterproof enclosure.

Kyle

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:27 pm
patcheye offline

(No subject)

For your info, I have had two appliance modules mounted in seperate water proof enclosures for several years without any problems what-so-ever. be sure to buy gud quality enclosures and also, BE SURE that in line going to the module comes from a GFI. You should have no problems and it will be safe... :D

patcheye

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:57 pm
dalenis offline

Re: Outdoor Appliance Module

kyleputzier wrote:
I need an outdoor appliance module. One that can take direct rain. Is there such a thing? If not, I suppose I can put a regular one in a waterproof enclosure.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I have had a appliance module on a post mounted directly outside beside my pond with no problems with the rain pouring on it for 2 years now........but it is connected to a GFI breaker. I still can't believe that the breaker has not tripped and that the module has not failed. But by all means be sure it IS CONNECTED TO A GFI BREAKER if it is open to the weather or in a waterproof enclosure!

Dale

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:59 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

If it's X10 I would be worried about it's, er... quality. Careful what you stick in the rain.

Page 1 of 1