SwitchLinc Won't Reset

Posted on
Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:12 pm
brittf offline

SwitchLinc Won't Reset

Hi

I can not get one of my SmartHome SwitchLincs to reset. Is this a sure sign of a failed SwitchLinc? I bought it in mid-September so its only 1.5 months old. If there are other steps to invoke a reset besides what's in the manual please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. Indigo is a great product. If I can now get all the hardware to work.

Britt :(

Posted on
Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SwitchLinc Won't Reset

Hello Britt,

I'm not sure. I don't know of any unpublished resetting tricks for the SwitchLinc. You might try cutting the power to the switch at the breaker box for a while. Also try changing the address within Indigo to A1 to see if the switch reset back to the default address.

Does the light on the SwitchLinc blink at all when you send On/Off commands to other switches on the same house code? I'd try calling Smarthome support to see what other troubleshooting ideas they might have.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:10 pm
brittf offline

SwitchLinc Won't reset

Matt

Thank you for the quick reply.

I set the address in Indigo to A1. Still did not work.

When I use the non-working SwitchLinc to manually control its light the adjacent SwitchLinc blinks. Not sure what this means. When I manually control the working SwitchLinc it does not affect the non-working one.

Guess I'll call Smarthome in the morning and see what they say.

Britt

Posted on
Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:02 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

I've had some weird stuff like this happen to my switchlinks. It happened after a powerfailure. Thankfully I was able to reprogram them.

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:03 pm
brittf offline

SwitchLinc Won't Reset

Hi everyone:

Called Smarthome today. After a brief discussion with the tech it was decided that I had a defective SwitchLinc. A new one is on its way. My old one will be going back for a credit. Smarthome is paying for the shipping both ways. I even ordered another LampLinc to capitalize on the free shipping!!! Life should be great once again by Thursday. Kudos to Smarthome for taking care of this so quickly.

By the way, their tech line is great. Rather than having to wait (my wait time was calcuated at 14 minutes!!), they take your name and number and return the call. I probably saved a half hour in long distance charges since the return call was on them. Number one in customer service in my book. Hope others have had similar experiences.

The forum is great and Indigo is great!

Britt :D

Page 1 of 1