Turn on/off motion sensors

Posted on
Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:30 am
BruceP offline

Turn on/off motion sensors

Is there a way to turn off motion sensors?
I have one in the garage that rings a chime so I know someone is in the garage. When I go out to do some work it , obviously, continues to chime.

Anyway around this other than placing the chime on a lamp module? (and that is really ugly)

Posted on
Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Turn on/off motion sensors

BruceP wrote:
Is there a way to turn off motion sensors?
I have one in the garage that rings a chime so I know someone is in the garage. When I go out to do some work it , obviously, continues to chime.

Anyway around this other than placing the chime on a lamp module? (and that is really ugly)

Are you using a Trigger Action to sound the chime? If not, then put the chime on a different X10 address and use an Indigo Trigger Action to sound the chime when the motion detector goes off.

Once you have done this, you can disable the Trigger Action. You can either do this manually via the "enable" checkbox in the main window, or you can create another Trigger or Time/Date Action that executes the action type "Disable Trigger Action."

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:11 am
BruceP offline

(No subject)

It always seems so easy an answer when you see it. Thanks for the reply, all works well.

Now it seems that when in the garage and I am moving around the sensor is sending on commands one right after the other. I am getting flack from the other half. It is a bother to always go to the computer to disable the trigger every time I want to go into the garage.

Is there a way to send an on command then wait a period of time and then send an on command again?

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:42 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

What I do is have an applescript that writes a time stamp to a variable for each motion detector. Then compare that time stamp to the current time to determine weather its new activity or not (actually I do a bit more than that but I think you get the idea).

Posted on
Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

BruceP wrote:
Is there a way to send an on command then wait a period of time and then send an on command again?

You could create a Trigger Action (that triggers on a remote button press) that does the disable for you. Note there is an Action type in the Action panel of the Trigger and Time/Date dialogs to "Disable Trigger" actions. Use this type to disable your motion trigger action. There is also a auto-enable checkbox in that panel, so you can have it disabled for a specific number of minutes on each remote button press.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1