Robotic mower with API and lowish price

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 am
neilk offline

Robotic mower with API and lowish price

I have done a little searching but cannot find much on robotic mower integration. Interested in views on the Worx Landroid or Hursqvarna models that look like candidates for plugins. I have a smallish (circa 150 sqm) flat lawn with well defined edges.

Interested in experience in general, no real use case for a plugin but it would be rude to get one that I couldn’t integrate.

Neil
Last edited by neilk on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Robotic mower with API and lowish price

I use the Landroid for a relatively small garden and it’s very good. I’ve not integrated it into Indigo but have it linked to HomeKit via Homebridge.io.

It looks as if you might be able to integrate with Indigo via node-red - something I have done for Alexa and my Tado thermostats - but I’ve not tried. As you say it’s not essential!

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:53 am
neilk offline

Thanks -
is the one I am considering (just looking into the differences between the new model and the version they sell at B&Q.

https://www.myrobotcenter.co.uk/en_gb/worx-landroid-m500-wr165e-2021?gclid=CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKC-VjXx1n1uyyLl15wm-5ZfVnonwq_xieVMI0mOw49frJ-V3WesbwxoCLVgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How much hassle was fitting the perimeter wire ?

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 am
Londonmark offline

Looks a lot like the one I have (which I bought last year).

Perimeter wire was incredibly easy. Worth keeping an eye on it for the first few mows and adjusting a bit. After that it disappears as the grass grows around it.

Page 1 of 1