Outdoor Christmas Lights....recommendations please

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:32 pm
mundmc offline

Re: Outdoor Christmas Lights....recommendations please

Cool and thank you- that was what I thought, but I was unclear. Even more unclear when I realized what I thought were carrier wires actually connected to the pcb.

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:29 am
siclark offline

My early Christmas present to myself of led strings is on a plane from China today. Looking forward to getting these set up next week hopefully.
I'm going slightly different and am using the strings across a fence. Currently only have 4 strings of 50 lights but thinking of increasing to 5or 7 to get 250 or 350 pixels to try some more impressive animations or even scrolling text. Am I right in thinking that wled doesn’t do text?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 am
siclark offline

For those who have these setup already what have you done for power requirements? Enough to power all on full brightness or a % of that?
I still need to order my power supply.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am
mundmc offline

siclark wrote:
For those who have these setup already what have you done for power requirements? Enough to power all on full brightness or a % of that?

Last night I tested 4x 300 light strips with a 60A supply- no problems and flirting with adding a 5th strip. I can say voltage drop was easy to identify, but only with 3x strips in serial.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:30 am
noel1983 offline

siclark wrote:

The price difference of the power supplies isn't that much so for me I based it on convenience of location, so I've got 2 x 20A each powering 2 x 150 led strips which is more than sufficient.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 pm
virgahyatt offline

mundmc wrote:
siclark wrote:

Last night I tested 4x 300 light strips with a 60A supply- no problems and flirting with adding a 5th strip. I can say voltage drop was easy to identify, but only with 3x strips in serial.

Which brand strips are you using? Cause I see voltage drop with mine after just adding a second one. Though only when I push the brightness up.

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:18 pm
mundmc offline

virgahyatt wrote:
mundmc wrote:
siclark wrote:

Which brand strips are you using? Cause I see voltage drop with mine after just adding a second one. Though only when I push the brightness up.

These guys:
CHINLY 16.4ft WS2812B Individually Addressable LED Strip Light 5050 RGB SMD 300 Pixels Dream Color Waterproof IP67 Black PCB 5V DC (Black PCB 16.4ft 300leds waterproof) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LSF4Q0A/re ... 2DbEXPF2R2

MunDMC

Posted on
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:02 am
siclark offline

Outdoor Christmas Lights....recommendations please

noel1983 wrote:
siclark wrote:

The price difference of the power supplies isn't that much so for me I based it on convenience of location, so I've got 2 x 20A each powering 2 x 150 led strips which is more than sufficient.

Cheers. I'm using 12v strings not strips and so less bulbs, 50per 5m so went with the 100w one. At 0.3w per bulb that gives me 333 bulbs full brightness and many more if not all on our full brightness? I'm also planning on only 200 bulbs.

Hope I did my sums right.

Posted on
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:47 pm
mundmc offline

mundmc wrote:
virgahyatt wrote:
mundmc wrote:
siclark wrote:

These guys:
CHINLY 16.4ft WS2812B Individually Addressable LED Strip Light 5050 RGB SMD 300 Pixels Dream Color Waterproof IP67 Black PCB 5V DC (Black PCB 16.4ft 300leds waterproof) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LSF4Q0A/re ... 2DbEXPF2R2

MunDMC

ADDENDUM!!!
Trial two absolutely had voltage drop with two strings: 5V - 300leds- 3.4V - 300led - 2.4V

Injecting power every 300 lights (16.6’) foxes it.

MunDMC

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:17 am
mwoodage offline

Great fun, ordered my 5m 300LED strip yesterday and have it up and running already - thanks for pointing me in the direction of these LED's and also writing the plugin :D
Now I just need to find somewhere to put them......

Thanks
Martin

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 am
siclark offline

Good work. Beginning To wish I hadn’t ordered from Ali express!! 2 weeks and counting.....

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:30 am
noel1983 offline

Just sat on the sofa doing ip reservations for mine and learning how to sync them properly. Tomorrow is switch on day for us :)

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:23 am
neilk offline

I have posted a Pre-release version of the plugin that can toggle the sync lights option in the UI. Still cannot fully get my head around what the second part of the API actually does, but the plugin supports it !

I have now figured this out, the current alpha version works, but a new version will be done today that correctly describes the behaviours in the actions and states.

You can try the current alpha, but probably better to wait
Neil

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 am
neilk offline

I have just posted https://github.com/neilkplugins/WLED-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/1.0.3-alpha a pre release version that should help with your syncing experiments.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 am
noel1983 offline

Thanks will get them into indigo tomorrow. 3 of my sets sync perfectly, 1 doesn’t sync every now and again but it’s good enough :)

Page 7 of 10 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10