Remote wireless switch

Posted on
Thu May 30, 2019 12:12 pm
berkinet offline

Remote wireless switch

I am looking for a way to have a switch send some sort of signal, via whatever, to Indigo. This switch will not control a local load, it only needs to send a signal that it has been operated.

Specifics:
  • This is for a 220-230 volt system (France specifically)
  • I would like to use Legrand Mosaic single module momentary contact switches to trigger the device.
  • I can use Z-Wave. But, the switch modules are a bit too big to make this easy, and besides, there is no local load so most of the Z-Wave functionality would be wasted. There areZ-Wave virtual; switches, but I have not seen any that come as modules to use with an existing switch.
  • I could, and if I don't find some wireless means, will, wire the switches up to a local I/O board (Phidgets SBC) that can talk to Indigo..
  • I have seen the Shelly 1, LoraTab and Didikit WiFi switches. But, it is not clear if they support a local switch, or if they do, it is not clear if they would send a signal, and if Indigon could receive it.

Ideas?

Posted on
Thu May 30, 2019 2:28 pm
DaveL17 offline

Remote wireless switch

Wouldn’t an Aeon Micro switch work for this? You can control them with a low voltage switch, and I don’t think they need a load to operate. Would require mains to power the device, though.

To clarify, the low voltage switch doesn’t need voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Remote wireless switch

DaveL17 wrote:
Wouldn’t an Aeon Micro switch work for this? You can control them with a low voltage switch, and I don’t think they need a load to operate. Would require mains to power to the device though...

Yes. The Aeon Micro would work, and I have ac power in the switch location. The main issue is size. Though I suppose any wifi device would have similar size issues. But, this is also in a remote building not reachable by my home Z-Wave, so I have a Vera out there, connected back to Indigo by the Vera plugin. I’d really prefer to get rid of the Vera altogether rather than add to it.

BTW, the Aeon Micro only requires a dry closure in the local switch i out. No voltage needed.

I will likely end up doing what you suggested, or just run a low voltage wire to the IO board. But, I was just hoping maybe there was something new and cool in the market.

Page 1 of 1