Airfoil and Sonos

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 am
Sharek326 offline

Airfoil and Sonos

Over the weekend I bought two Sonos One Speakers. Originally I wanted to use Airfoil since the newer Ones have Airplay. Both speakers work great within ITunes Airplay function. One of the speakers connects fine with the Airfoil APP. The second speaker gives me an Airfoil Error about forbidden access. When I research this on Airfoils website the only thing I can find remotely related has to do with Firewalls. The Firewall on the Mac itself is Off. Rules have been created anyway inside the Unifi Gateway to allow the ports even though it shouldn't matter because one of the speakers works.

Anyone ever have this type of issue?

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:18 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Airfoil and Sonos

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum.

Unfortunately, I don't use Sonos devices and I've never seen that kind of error in Airfoil for other speakers.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:32 am
Sharek326 offline

Re: Airfoil and Sonos

I may have solved the issue. I am not even sure this makes sense but this is what had happened.

When I originally setup both Speakers I added them each to the Home App manually following Sonos's directions. For whatever reason (not paying attention) the bedroom speaker never got added. Instead I added the living Room Speaker and the Living Room Apple TV.

Once I added the Bedroom speaker to HomeKit Airfoil was able to connect like the other one.

Page 1 of 1