How to handle bathroom fan without being reliant on Indigo

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 pm
noel1983 offline

How to handle bathroom fan without being reliant on Indigo

Hi all,
I’m working hard to keep everything working ‘normally’ and in no way dependent on Indigo and the mac it runs on, So all my HA is a layer above conventional switches with fibaro dimmers etc.

So if the mac fails then thats fine, all lights etc still work fine we’d just have to use switches instead of motion triggering etc.

So I’m now thinking I’d love to get one of the air quality sensors mentioned and make the fan side of things smarter but I can’t figure out how to.

So at the moment I have one lighting circuit that’s connected to the fan that triggers the fan. The fan stays on for a period of time after the light is switched off. Standard.

So what I want to happen is to be able to still trigger the fan from the light coming on but aside from that being able to control it independently I assume through the use of a fibaro relay.
I’d also look to put a Fibaro Dimmer on the light circuit.

Is this possible? I’ve searched the forums but can’t find quite what i’m looking for.

Thanks all
Noel

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am
siclark offline

Re: How to handle bathroom fan without being reliant on Indi

Hi. I do the same, lights, thermostats, alarm etc all work independently of indigo if Mac goes down but normally indigo controls/overrides.
Assuming you just want the fan to work to remove steam after a shower, why not just get a fan with a humidity sensor so it works independently of the light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:47 am
noel1983 offline

Good suggestion however I’m in a rented house so ideally would rather avoid changing the fan as getting one exactly the same size I suspect may be tricky.

Purpose of the fan is both for humidity and also for air exchange when ‘air quality’ is bad!

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 am
jh71283 offline

Have a look at the Sonoff devices.

There is one that you can add a humidity sensor to, so it can operate autonomously, but you can also remotely control them via WiFi.

Page 1 of 1