Physical buttons to interact with Amazon Echo/Alexa

Posted on
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm
noel1983 offline

Physical buttons to interact with Amazon Echo/Alexa

Hi all,
So whilst our house loves alexa and the voice interaction, after a year or so and now getting more into my automation i’m Realising that voice interaction in many instances isn’t as good as simply pressing a button.

I have six amazon echo devices around the house and two sonos units. I far prefer being able to press a lightwave rf wireless switch button that triggers a favourite playlist.

The nirvana is a device that has both alexa voice interaction AND button interaction ability. So in one sense the sonos one answers that need so some of those I think are on the list. However price wise its a way above a simple £40 echo dot.

So what if there was a way to press a button that communicated with the echo. I thought that was a pipe dream and the only way would be to speak commands using indigo to a bluetooth speaker on top of the echo...

Then i saw this...,https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/402fd908-f8d7-4a2b-ab5e-4099222ad974/introducing-alexa-gadgets-new-tools-for-developers-to-create-fun-sign-up-to-stay-tuned

So.....for the much much smarter techy people in the indigo land ....is there anyway that these api’s would allow an indigo plugin of some kind that would allow us to trigger alexa actions from within Indigo i.e. using lwrf buttons like I have?

Cheers all
Noel

P.s. many beer tokens would be available for anyone that fancies cracking this!

Posted on
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Physical buttons to interact with Amazon Echo/Alexa

Looks interesting, but unfortunately details don't appear to be available yet so not much can be done until then.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm
noel1983 offline

Re: Physical buttons to interact with Amazon Echo/Alexa

Doh, sorry Jay, I’d missed that bit in my excitement! There’s a signup link to be notified so ive signed up and will post back when they announce more details.
Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1