Have wort fine a long time :)

//Jens

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 am
neilk offline

Re: DoorBird Review

jens wrote:
Hello,

Would you like to be able to control an action group or device when pressing open doorlock in the DoorBird app? thought to control my Yale Doorman lock

Regards
Jens

For this part, I am not 100% clear if it will work. In the original API (and the script) it could call an action group based on the "Door Open" button being pressed in the app. It is not clear to me if this still works, and they still have to add more to the new API approach. I don't use that functionality but I will see if I can figure it out, it may be that kwijibo007 can add it when and if DoorBird add the extra events to the API. It doesn't help as it seems the approach to deprecating the API seems inconsistent, but maybe those of use with the earlier devices, it will keep working.

Maybe don't delete that old plugin just yet !

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm
kwijibo007 offline

neilk wrote:
jens wrote:
Hello,

Would you like to be able to control an action group or device when pressing open doorlock in the DoorBird app? thought to control my Yale Doorman lock

Regards
Jens

For this part, I am not 100% clear if it will work.

The Doorbirds aren't currently sending the "door open" event via the new UDP API. They are only sending doorbell events and (as of 000112) motion events. The API documentation mentions that "door open" events are coming soon. I suspect they will be included in the next firmware update. I'll add them to the plugin as soon as it's supported. Given the staggered firmware rollout approach it may take a while for my unit to receive the next update. I may need everyone's help to get it added quickly.

I was thinking of making the "door open" event into an Indigo lock device? This way it would look pretty with in the UI and things like HBB. The other option is just a simple sensor device like the current doorbell device. Any thoughts?

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:40 am
jens offline

Yes, that's fine, by the way, the new app works well, just missing the door of the door :)

//Jens