troubleshooting failures

Posted on
Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm
JP offline

Re: troubleshooting failures

It just quit working!!!
I have a X-10 system in my house for over 8 years and never a big problem. But today ALL items quit working. I'm running rev.4.1.9. with a 1132 cu controller with lighting modules and some built-in lighting switches and a phase crossover at the dryer. my RF remotes cant turn items on. I tried using the command on device list it didn't work and my group list did not work. I have done uploads and it all looks normal
I'm thinking the 1132 has quit. But the little green Led is lit.
And I was just showing the people who are buying my house how it works they were most impressed!
Can you give me a place to start looking for the problem.
Thanks
Jack Parrish

Posted on
Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The first question is: do your RF remotes still work when sending X10 commands directly to a device (rather than to Indigo)? They shouldn't be effected by the 1132.

Also, if you have any plugin modules (lamp or appliance) try plugging one into the passthrough port on the 1132 and see if it works.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 am
JP offline

Thanks jay for the quick reply. Just as you were thinking my RF devices do work! ThenI used a working light module plugged into the 1132cu and it did not work. Is the 1132 bad?
jP

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

JP wrote:
Is the 1132 bad?

Sure sounds like it. I'd get a replacement - you can always return it if it turns out to be something else. If you leave your Mac on and running you might want to consider getting a 2413 - then you'd be ready to start switching to INSTEON which is more reliable than X10. Just a thought...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 pm
JP offline

Jay when the battery thats inside the 1132cu go's below 4.5 volts does the unit stop working???????????
I would hate to to toss this unit if all needs is a battery.
jP

Posted on
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

JP wrote:
Jay when the battery thats inside the 1132cu go's below 4.5 volts does the unit stop working???????????
I would hate to to toss this unit if all needs is a battery.
jP

No clue - good question for Smarthome. I'm not sure if the battery is user replaceable. I seriously doubt it's the battery though - you'd be getting other types of errors reported to Indigo most likely.

Jay (Indigo Support)