Any experience with RainMachine integration?

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:18 pm
Korey offline

Re: Any experience with RainMachine integration?

geoffsharris wrote:
I have updated the plugin to the API3 which should support python3 and work going forward. Feel free to test and see if it works for you.

:D :D :D Fantastic!

Thanks Geoff! appears to be running smoothy!

You should add this to Indigo Plugin Store!

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:47 pm
geoffsharris offline

I've released a new V2 version in the plugin store. It will require installing the regenmachine library - go to terminal and type "pip3 install regenmaschine" to install the necessary library before activating the plugin. The V1 edition on github will also work, but requires some PITA other libraries. Hope this works for simple access to the rainmachine.

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:36 am
berkinet offline

geoffsharris wrote:
I have updated the plugin to the API3 which should support python3 and work going forward. Feel free to test and see if it works for you.
It works for me!

Thank you for your work on this. BTW, in reference to your disclaimer
In the plugin documentation, geoffsharris wrote:
Please don't ask for further features to setup the rainmachine device, change names of zones, list the prior watering, etc. This is already well implemented in the webapp, phone app and on the machine itself. This plugin is just designed to allow you to trigger/schedule starting and stoping of programs and zones from Indigo....
I could not agree more. In fact, way up near the start of this thread I think I said exactly that. However, it would be useful to allow the Duration to reference a variable.