Keeping MacBook HD Awake

Posted on
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:02 pm
ScottinSultan offline

Keeping MacBook HD Awake

I recently switched over from my old iMac to my MacBook Pro to run my Indigo software. The problem I am trying to find a solution for is how to keep the MacBook HD awake when the display closed. I have the battery preferences for the power adapter set to "Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off". This works fine as long as I do not close the display. As soon as I do close the display, my Indigo 2021.1 event log shows "Received sleep notification from system, Closed connection to PowerLinc 2413U". As soon as the display is reopened, it reconnects to the PowerLinc. I would prefer to be able to close the display when I am not using my computer. I have read there are some possible apps that can be loaded onto the MacBook to keep the system awake while the display is closed. But when I review them, it seems that the MacBook needs to be connected to an external monitor to work. That is not a solution for me. I have also seen a couple of articles that talk about using a commend in Terminal, "Caffeinate" that is supposed to keep the MacBook from going to sleep. Does any have any experience with apps or Terminal commands that might solve my issue?

Posted on
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:44 am
jltnol offline

Re: Keeping MacBook HD Awake

So if you haven't done so, you might try un-checking "put hard disks to sleep...' in the Energy Control Panel. I suspect this is something you've already done, and may or may not directly relate to the closed / sleep issue. Part of the problem is that when running, your laptop generates some heat, which can't be as easily vented with the cover closed, which may be part of the reason why this is so hard to do. I suspect there is a way, but I'd at last give some consideration to the heat issue.

Posted on
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Keeping MacBook HD Awake

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1