INSTEON LED Bulb

Posted on
Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: INSTEON LED Bulb

I could probably get it built towards the end of next week.

Posted on
Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:07 pm
amannone offline

Is there a way to set default brightness and/or the ramp rate of the INSTEON LED bulbs?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Posted on
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:13 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

With INSTEON modules there are different ramp rates / default brightnesses used depending on how the module is turning on.

Are you referring to: 1) when the bulb first receives power, 2) when a linked module controls the bulb, or 3) when Indigo turns the bulb ON?

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 pm
russg offline

Blinking Insteon Bulb?

Beginner's question, but what is the simplest way to blink an instead bulb on and off? Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

How fast and for how long do you want it to blink? There are a variety of ways, but knowing the context will guide us to the best one.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:19 am
Artanis offline

I need some help getting my Insteon LED Bulb to work, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong area.

It's not currently listed on your supported devices list.

I have an Australian version of the bulb - Model number 2672-532. When I try to add it to my Indigo devices list I get the first two ticks in the "Define INSTEON Device" window, but then it gives up, not having detected any of the device information. I get an error message stating "Failed to establish a link with the device" and my event log will throw an error: "Linking - no match found for device type ID 333 with firmware version 48".

I tried plugging the bulb into different sockets on different circuits in the house without any success.

This model is the one with a bayonet fitting. I also have one (2672-522) which is an Edison type fitting - after a couple of failed linking attempts it synced up as a 2672-222 bulb and has been working flawlessly since.

Any advice/support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've added support for model ID 333 (Australian frequency) to Indigo 6.1.3. I hope to have that version available for download in the next week or so. Follow our twitter account or our Facebook page for the new version announcement.

Posted on
Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Out of curiosity, how are you using Insteon in Australia with Indigo? We only support USB-based interfaces and the last we heard from Insteon they didn't make any that worked with frequencies other than US/Canada...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:33 pm
Artanis offline

Wow, thanks for that Matt! I'll keep an eye out for the update.

Jay, (and apologies if any of my terminology is wrong)
A couple of years ago I bought an Australian Insteon hub and was able to modify it with some (unofficial) support from an Insteon tech. Inside the hub there was two cards - the powerline/rf card and the network interface card. I removed the network interface card and replaced it with a usb interface board from a US purchased PowerLinc Modem (#2413U) (A friend and I worked on it together to make sure we were following the provided wiring instructions correctly).

Indigo picked it up as a PowerLinc modem and its been smooth sailing since then. I've been able to connect every Insteon device I've bought so far - a mini remote, thermostat, motion sensor, plug in relay, micro dimmer, micro motor controller and the bayonet style globe I mentioned in my previous post. I've just picked up a micro relay which I'll try out on the weekend.

Thanks again for your support

Posted on
Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

LOL - that's interesting. Thanks for the description...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6.1.3 is now available for download and includes support for the Australian frequency bulb.

Posted on
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 am
Artanis offline

Thank you!! Worked perfectly!

Posted on
Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:54 pm
Pdoc offline

Artanis wrote:
Wow, thanks for that Matt! I'll keep an eye out for the update.

Jay, (and apologies if any of my terminology is wrong)
A couple of years ago I bought an Australian Insteon hub and was able to modify it with some (unofficial) support from an Insteon tech. Inside the hub there was two cards - the powerline/rf card and the network interface card. I removed the network interface card and replaced it with a usb interface board from a US purchased PowerLinc Modem (#2413U) (A friend and I worked on it together to make sure we were following the provided wiring instructions correctly).

Indigo picked it up as a PowerLinc modem and its been smooth sailing since then. I've been able to connect every Insteon device I've bought so far - a mini remote, thermostat, motion sensor, plug in relay, micro dimmer, micro motor controller and the bayonet style globe I mentioned in my previous post. I've just picked up a micro relay which I'll try out on the weekend.

Thanks again for your support

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and also live in Australia, I have about 30 INSTEON items of various sorts and would love to use Indigo to control them.

If you don't mind Can you send me some more detail about the board you swapped etc as that sounds like a great option for me until an official Aussie solution arrives.

Thanks heaps

Cheers,

Pete

Posted on
Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 am
NoFunnyName offline

Can something kill a LED Bulb and/or LampLinc

A couple of months ago the Lamplinc module I have downstairs went dead. I mean completely dead, no lights no response, nothing. Then I put an LED bulb down there and it was fine until yesterday and now it is dead. I tested the bulb by putting in different known working lamps and it isn't working. Is there something that can actually kill a device like that? There is a TV and Xbox plugged into a surge protector on that same circuit. I never got interference from them though. We haven't had any electrical storms in our area during the time the devices died either. I suppose I could have had a surge, but nothing else in the house has been affected including my other Insteon devices.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 am
domlazar offline

I want to install RGB LED wall washer in my family room. (I do not look for bulb but a strip of LED). I'm wondering if someone has an idea of what brand would be compatible with INSTEON protocole. Several brands are on market with their own IPHONE/android app to control intensity and color. I would like to have something controlled via INSTEON and indigo to avoid a third party app. Or any idea how to manage this kind to thing via Indigo.

Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 macmini
Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U