INSTEON LED Bulb

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: INSTEON LED Bulb

Insteon doesn't support color LEDs or strips. You'd need to either add Z-Wave, use the Hue plugin with a Hue Hub, or perhaps some WiFi solution though I don't know of a plugin for Indigo for that. All of which would require that you upgrade to Indigo 7.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm
kw123 offline

Pibeacon supports neopixel as well as led strips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 am
scs offline

We have a couple places in the house that use LED tapes, they're powered by 12V wall-wort power supplies and controlled either by LampLincs or the low voltage IOLincs
Controlling multiple colors might me a challenge though.

Generally, if you want a dimmable function, pick an older "linear" wall wort versus the modern switching type . Also, ensure that the 12v power supply has adequate current capacity to power the LED tape (longer tape = more current) .

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm
denno offline

Can I install bulbs in light fixtures that are controlled by an Insteon switch?

(I have ceiling cans on an Insteon switch. Wondering if I can put 2 Insteon bulbs in so I can dim those separately from the rest.)

Posted on
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 am
jalves offline

No reason you couldn't do that, but be prepared for some curious results. Obviously, if the insteon switch is off, then the insteon lights won't respond.

You might also want logic that when you turn the switch on that you set the lights to 100%, or some preferred level. Otherwise they will return to the last setting.

No telling what you will wind up with if you dim the entire fixture via the switch and then dim the lights. I doubt it would hurt anything so I'd suggest going ahead and trying it.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff